2022 Intermediate A football

Will be difficult to know until it kicks off next year really.
The knockout stages of junior A this year will show a lot, are the likes of Urhan, Cullen or imokilly winners anywhere near the level of Muskerry or Carbery winners.
Urhan lost to Boherbue by a point last year and look at Boherbue now

Looking at that draw you’d have to say kilshannig will probably be pleased that Adrigole won so convincingly today as it means they’ve now got glanworth instead of boher bue and won’t meet mitchelstown until the final that is if both teams make it that far.
Some performance dromtarrife pulled out the bag today, was a badly needed performance for them.
St nicks down to junior as tbf most people predicted.
Mitchelstown have shown that they are no world beaters today but are still favorites

Does anyone know if the intermediate grade matches will have odds available again from next year on since the Barr’s are gone from the grade? I know the reason they stopped was the Barr’s so wondering will they reverse that decision now?

Why did they stop because of the barrs?
Apparently it’s because of a few years ago when the Barr’s had a few senior players etc playing and they beat knocknagree in the semi final and by all accounts a fair amount of money was put on the Barr’s so the bookies made a loss due to local knowledge or something like that anyway

Apparently it’s because of a few years ago when the Barr’s had a few senior players etc playing and they beat knocknagree in the semi final and by all accounts a fair amount of money was put on the Barr’s so the bookies made a loss due to local knowledge or something like that anyway
Basically lots of people knew about the Barr’s senior players and backed them and the bookies didn’t take that into account when pricing the odds

Basically lots of people knew about the Barr’s senior players and backed them and the bookies didn’t take that into account when pricing the odds
Wouldn’t think that was the reason, you can still bet on Nemo’s 2nd team in premier intermediate football.

Think it was more to do with intermediate going from the 3rd tier of cork football to the 4th tier? Not certain on that though.

From today's results the pack seem a lot more even than we all thought.
Glanworth v kilshannig will be tough to call.
They're playing each other in the avondhu junior hurling championship quarter final also.
I'd still fancy mitchelstown as today was a free hit for them and boher both knowing they were both through.
Kilshannig just about did enough today but Gabriel Rangers had a great chance to knock them out but just couldn't finish the game out. The early red card was silly as twas 2 yellows in the 1st 5 mins
Eanna o Hanlon make a big contribution when introduced

Has Eanna O Hanlon been injured ? looked a good prospect.
Ya it's his first game this year as far as I know.
Got a bad injury towards end of last season playing ucc I think.
Only played the big games for kilshannig last year too so has had a tough couple of years.
Kilshannig seem to have most of their big players back now from travelling over summer and other injuries. Mcmahon is another who came on late and made a big impact. I think he scored 5 or 6 points in 2019 junior county final.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Horgan Brothers: Princes Of The Picture Theatre
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Inspiration The Poor Relation (Open Mic Night)

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼