Cork Footballers

What about Sean white did he opt out last year? I also think Connolly would be good to bring back in even as a sub to come on with 20 mins left Corbett Hayes Dineen O Mahony Hurley Sherlock

Ya he gave him a lot of trouble. Shanley hasn’t really put a foot wrong with Cork but he looks naive and inclined to foul at times. No sense in bringing back the likes of Connolly, Deane, Clancy, etc. Definitely a case for Mark White though as he’s clearly superior to what we have. Sam Ryan probably doesn’t have the football for inter county, great man marker but intercounty is a different game and I’d have no confidence in his ball skills under pressure. I’d be surprised if there was any more than 2/3 additions to the squad for next year.

Ya he gave him a lot of trouble. Shanley hasn’t really put a foot wrong with Cork but he looks naive and inclined to foul at times. No sense in bringing back the likes of Connolly, Deane, Clancy, etc. Definitely a case for Mark White though as he’s clearly superior to what we have. Sam Ryan probably doesn’t have the football for inter county, great man marker but intercounty is a different game and I’d have no confidence in his ball skills under pressure. I’d be surprised if there was any more than 2/3 additions to the squad for next year.

I don't have any GK experience, but genuine question. How far ahead can MW possibly be ahead of what we have?

In the modern game they might make 1/2 saves a game (?), and kick the ball out. If you gave any of the GKs 6 months of training on kick outs, length, accuracy etc (i assume weight training etc can impact this for distance) surely we could have a top level GK on the team?

Or am i being too naive in thinking they're not already doing this?

I don't have any GK experience, but genuine question. How far ahead can MW possibly be ahead of what we have?

In the modern game they might make 1/2 saves a game (?), and kick the ball out. If you gave any of the GKs 6 months of training on kick outs, length, accuracy etc (i assume weight training etc can impact this for distance) surely we could have a top level GK on the team?

Or am i being too naive in thinking they're not already doing this?

Well, it would appear Galway weren't!!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼