Toilet Signage

You have taken me up wrong.
I'm not against it because it might make children identify as trans. I'm against it because i do not believe a child of primary age can comprehend it in a manner that would do anything other than further confuse a time when they are supposed to be free from anything but trying to have fun, friends, birthday parties etc.

Why do I consider explaining gender expression to kids forcing trans concepts on them? Because it is unnecessary and inappropriate for their age and the only way it can happen is of it is introduced into the curriculum by a department of education in which case as I said it becomes non-optional. Something which is non-optional coming into primary schools where it doesn't belong is forcing the education of concepts that don't belong in primary schools into primary schools. In that way a child has no option other than as I said for their parents to pull them out which is creating a difference that does not exist between them and their classmates.

In thready's example, in my opinion, we need to support kids who as I said in my original post to this thread can identify as being in the wrong body at a relatively young age that their feeling of difference is ok and something not yo be worried about or to endure abuse or bullying from. As I said in other threads as that moves into 12 to 16 those supports should be enhanced to provide additional understanding of their feelings and their prospective journey as adults into gender reassignment.

My point being primary school children are not capable of comprehending properly the ideas of gender and trans and shouldn't have to be made to try.
If primary school children can't comprehend gender and trans as concepts, then how do you explain the existence of trans kids?

I think that children are well capable of understanding the concepts in an age appropriate way.

Also, I'm not sure that " some adults can't understand it" is a great yardstick. Some adults think the earth is flat like!

Last edited:
If primary school children can't comprehend gender and trans as concepts, then how do you explain the existence of trans kids?

I think that children are well capable of understanding the concepts in an age appropriate way.
So on the second point we disagree.

On the first point your post implies that being trans is a decision, a conscious decision where a child is picking based on their understanding.

No more than a person chooses to be gay as a conscious decision, no one chooses to be trans as a conscious decision - people are gay or straight, or trans because that is who they are.

Like I said my understanding is that kids can feel they are in the wrong body at a relatively young age. That does not mean they are able to understand it or comprehend it or what it means to them or what options are available to them. It does mean that at their age they might feel different. Like I said with a specially designed package that difference could be acknowledged , the child could understand their feelings are not to be worried about and that there is nothing wrong with them. At their age that should be the limit of what they're taught. And I've explained what I think should happen into second level above and on other threads.

All I'm trying to do is explain my opinion.

So on the second point we disagree.

On the first point your post implies that being trans is a decision, a conscious decision where a child is picking based on their understanding.

No more than a person chooses to be gay as a conscious decision, no one chooses to be trans as a conscious decision - people are gay or straight, or trans because that is who they are.

Like I said my understanding is that kids can feel they are in the wrong body at a relatively young age. That does not mean they are able to understand it or comprehend it or what it means to them or what options are available to them. It does mean that at their age they might feel different. Like I said with a specially designed package that difference could be acknowledged , the child could understand their feelings are not to be worried about and that there is nothing wrong with them. At their age that should be the limit of what they're taught. And I've explained what I think should happen into second level above and on other threads.

All I'm trying to do is explain my opinion.
I meant the opposite in the first point tbh! I don't think it is a decision, so I think trans kids will exist whether we educate children on gender expression or not.

I don't think our positions are that far apart honestly.

So kids can be told about trans people?

Great, then you should have an issue with the proposed curriculum
Is that all this is really about?

OK kids, this morning we are going to expand on the session where we told you that there are men who like women, men who like men, women who like women.. lots of different types of families and they re all good.. we should have said that there are also people who might identify as a man on one day and a woman on another. You should also not judge this person, the same as you dont judge anyone else anyway because we have spent years on that at this stage.

Mmkaay?

Are we done, or is there more?

Is that all this is really about?

OK kids, this morning we are going to expand on the session where we told you that there are men who like women, men who like men, women who like women.. lots of different types of families and they re all good.. we should have said that there are also people who might identify as a man on one day and a woman on another. You should also not judge this person, the same as you dont judge anyone else anyway because we have spent years on that at this stage.

Mmkaay?

Are we done, or is there more?
I think so yeah.

Much as they are buzzwords at present I think it is about teaching about diversity and inclusion. There are all sorts of different people, and that's OK. That kind of thing.

I think so yeah.

Much as they are buzzwords at present I think it is about teaching about diversity and inclusion. There are all sorts of different people, and that's OK. That kind of thing.
Then we are in storm in a teacup territory here - diversity and inclusion are already front and centre of pre-school and primary school teaching, so no change there

I presumed this would delve a little deeper, it must surely? A minister would hardly go around making announcements about such a minor change?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stiff Little Fingers
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

15th Aug 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼