Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Where else would you get it.

Management of course deserve no credit.

They're only the ones responsible if they lose

🙄

Really?
We have known classy and skilful hurlers making very basic mistakes and it's clear from their club performances that they're not poor hurlers it was the way they were being put out for Cork and the tactics used. These latter aspects are completely within the purview of management. And alas management stuck doggedly to it even after it had been shown not to be working.

Eventually management changed Coleman from 6. That positional change wasn't down to the player that was down to the management. But they came to the correct conclusion that he's not an inter-county centrehalf back many weeks after everybody else saw it.
And similarly TOM must be played in the forwards, something they took a long time to see. But most of all the tippy-tappy policy that was seeing us cough up the ball in extremely dangerous (for us) places. Limerick swarm, it's what they do. Playing tippy tappy out of defense against them was only going to end one way.

So the question is should the management get all the praise for eventually doing the changes that every dog on the road needed to be made? Well in fairness they did accept their initial plans weren't working, but that they stuck doggedly to them for so long is a cause for concern and a reason they're not at the moment getting heaped with the praise you seem to think they deserve.

But, to use that awful phrase, we are where we are. Going forward now the management have to show that they HAVE learnt from past mistakes. Personally I think the jury is still out but I'll be delighted if they show that they have.

I really enjoyed the goals against Tipp. Very different goals.

The first a 50 50 balls lobbed in big NoL breaks to RoF who feeds AC who has only a goal on his mind, great finish

The second DF picking up a loose ball in MF and driving on, great confidence and great strike. I think the movement of the forwards helped open the space. classy finish.

Last goal a thing of beauty. I don't think it has got the credit it deserves - ground hurling, DF pulls on it between his legs and ToM flicks it in.

Lads at ruck time and in areas of danger could and should ground hurling be a tactic to revert to? Seriously wanting to debate Cork hurling here!

I really enjoyed the goals against Tipp. Very different goals.

The first a 50 50 balls lobbed in big NoL breaks to RoF who feeds AC who has only a goal on his mind, great finish

The second DF picking up a loose ball in MF and driving on, great confidence and great strike. I think the movement of the forwards helped open the space. classy finish.

Last goal a thing of beauty. I don't think it has got the credit it deserves - ground hurling, DF pulls on it between his legs and ToM flicks it in.

Lads at ruck time and in areas of danger could and should ground hurling be a tactic to revert to? Seriously wanting to debate Cork hurling here!
It’s amazing what can happen when you start playing actual hurling! We can do some damage yet this year if we keep this level up, the defence is a lot more settled now, Mark and Daire have rediscovered their form, Seamus and Lehane are having Indian summers, Connolly is showing just how lethal he is in front of goal and Tim is scaring the bejazus out of defenders with his no nonsense physical direct approach.

And yes there is a place for ground hurling, teams don’t even know how to react to it as they never use it, it is like back to the future 😀

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Horgan Brothers: Princes Of The Picture Theatre
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼