Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Without wanting to piss on anybody's parade, and it's always great to beat Tipp in Thurles I urge a note of caution. Waterford were carrying a few first team regulars with injuries against us and the wheels came off their wagon to a Clare team who'd already qualified. Tipp were a mere shadow of former Tipp teams and down to 14 men wasn't going to help them.

Yes we should be able to overcome Kerry in (presumably) Tralee or Antrim in Corrigan Park but after that I think it's the losers of the Leinster Final. We've shown against Limerick and Clare that we've a long way to go yet and while it's great to celebrate a Cork hurling victory we've not really achieved anything other than be in the draw for the All Ireland series.

We are progressing thankfully, and hopefully learning as we go, but there's still a long way to go.
Are you off your game? This team is on a journey to the second weekend in July and a date with destiny……cannot see anyone stop cork with the ground firming up at this stage……just to note lads a lot of hotels in Dublin are insisting a minimum of 2 nights booking at weekends

Are you off your game? This team is on a journey to the second weekend in July and a date with destiny……cannot see anyone stop cork with the ground firming up at this stage……just to note lads a lot of hotels in Dublin are insisting a minimum of 2 nights booking at weekends

heh heh heh.

I don't think ANYONE thinks we're winning the All Ireland but of course it is fairly likely we should beat Antrim and you'd give us a good shout of holding our own against Galway or Kilkenny.

Great day out in Thurles and a great win. It's not often we beat Tipp, but to hammer them by that much was a real treat.

Obviously Tipp are in rebuild mode and are miles off the pace, and with the way Waterford collapsed yesterday I'm not sure what to read into our two wins.

Positives: Conor Lehane masterclass. Ciaran Joyce lording it a centre back with Mark Coleman showing what a special player he can be at wing back. Another good performance again from Damien. Overall good tackling from our lads, hunting in packs and fighting for every ball. Great to see Jack O Connor buzzing around when he came on yesterday. Has had a couple of tough weeks but played well when he came on.

Negatives. The first five minutes were terrible stuff. We reverted back into the 5 yards passes and coughing up possession every time. I know I'm like a broken record regarding this, but we simply have to cut it out of our game.

The question is whether to start TOM over Horgan/Kingston. I think its unfair to expect Horgan to do a job in a two man full forward line when he simply doesn't have the pace. He might be very effective as a roaming half forward maybe. Kingston had a fine game yesterday but the impact he makes off the bench can be phenomenal and can be used as a real threat going forward. Another great impact from Tim yesterday, would be interesting how he'd fair against a Daithí Burke or a Huw Lawlor.

Finally, great to see a great Cork crowd yesterday. Can't beat Cork Tipp in the Munster Championship, and the Tipp crowd that showed up were all sound out as well. Rebels Abú!

Great day out in Thurles and a great win. It's not often we beat Tipp, but to hammer them by that much was a real treat.

Obviously Tipp are in rebuild mode and are miles off the pace, and with the way Waterford collapsed yesterday I'm not sure what to read into our two wins.

Positives: Conor Lehane masterclass. Ciaran Joyce lording it a centre back with Mark Coleman showing what a special player he can be at wing back. Another good performance again from Damien. Overall good tackling from our lads, hunting in packs and fighting for every ball. Great to see Jack O Connor buzzing around when he came on yesterday. Has had a couple of tough weeks but played well when he came on.

Negatives. The first five minutes were terrible stuff. We reverted back into the 5 yards passes and coughing up possession every time. I know I'm like a broken record regarding this, but we simply have to cut it out of our game.

The question is whether to start TOM over Horgan/Kingston. I think its unfair to expect Horgan to do a job in a two man full forward line when he simply doesn't have the pace. He might be very effective as a roaming half forward maybe. Kingston had a fine game yesterday but the impact he makes off the bench can be phenomenal and can be used as a real threat going forward. Another great impact from Tim yesterday, would be interesting how he'd fair against a Daithí Burke or a Huw Lawlor.

Finally, great to see a great Cork crowd yesterday. Can't beat Cork Tipp in the Munster Championship, and the Tipp crowd that showed up were all sound out as well. Rebels Abú!

Good post Agree on most of your points.

I can't see Horgan being dropped.

Stranger things have happened I suppose.

Well he's come off the bench twice now into the forwards and performed. Shane Kingston normally comes off the bench and performs and ends up starting the next game so by that rule TO'M should be starting ahead of either Hoggie or SK.

So the likely run of fixtures for Cork is
Antrim in qualifier
Kilkenny or Galway in quarter final
Limerick in semi final
to get to final?
I haven't gotten my head around this at all yet.
Winner of muster final goes straight to semi and the loser plays the loser of Kilkenny/Galway is it?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Miles Kane
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

12th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Buffalo Soul - Bob Marley Tribute

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼