The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

gonna sue Charles Watts for plagiarism

Best of luck. He's dead!

#Youcantalwaysgetwhatyouwant

aa0394af2cbac4658e6595081b26b555

Season review through stats, good read

So, yes, apart from the obvious progression in the table (from back to back 8th finish to 5th), from a stats perspective, they have improved and the numbers are backing this up

Scott Willis
@oh_that_crab
·
43m

If Arsenal get top 4 I do think that they would have been a bit on the fortunate side playing more typically like a team in the 5th to 6th range than the 4th range

https://twitter.com/oh_that_crab
Scott Willis
@oh_that_crab
·
41m

If we are looking at a longer view the team went from an 8th place finish that very well could have been worse based on the metrics, to an 8th place finish that had green shoots and was good by the end of year, to a team that will finish 5th with numbers that back up that finish.

https://twitter.com/oh_that_crab
Scott Willis
@oh_that_crab

Is that good enough? That's for everyone else to make up their mind on. My goal was 6th or better with numbers that supported that finish. That looks like it will happen. It sucks to have missed out on top 4 but that wasn't my goal for the team at the start of the year.

So you're saying Arsenal almost didn't shit the bed?

you sound like a SMC here Philby m8

I'm saying that what i have consistently said during the season is actually backed up by numbers

Arsenal were a little fortunate to be in the race for 4th until last night given the numbers all suggested a 5th place finish...so in short, Arsenal exceeded their original expectations and came very close to smash them: which means the 'bUmNaL aREn'T IMpROvINg uNDeR aRTeTa' line is BS, got it?

you sound like a SMC here Philby m8

I'm saying that what i have consistently said during the season is actually backed up by numbers

Arsenal were a little fortunate to be in the race for 4th until last night given the numbers all suggested a 5th place finish...so in short, Arsenal exceeded their original expectations and came very close to smash them: which means the 'bUmNaL aREn'T IMpROvINg uNDeR aRTeTa' line is BS, got it?

I think they've improved

But they have also seemingly shat the bed from a hugely promising position.

It's lovely here perched on the fence.

I think they've improved

But they have also seemingly shat the bed from a hugely promising position.

It's lovely here perched on the fence.
After 26 games they had 51 points, were 6 points ahead of spurs with a game in hand.

They then got 15 points from 33 and are now 2 points behind spurs.

Its a devon loch style collapse and no two ways about it. They shat the bed and sprayed the family, trainspotting style.

After 26 games they had 51 points, were 6 points ahead of spurs with a game in hand.

They then got 15 points from 33 and are now 2 points behind spurs.

Its a devon loch style collapse and no two ways about it. They shat the bed and sprayed the family, trainspotting style.
After 14 games Man United were top 4 and 7 points ahead of Arsenal.

Then Olé got fired, (I miss that guy) Ragnick came in and United shit the bed so much that the ceiling caved in and they landed down in 6th.

Now that’s shitting the bed.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

13th Apr 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Light and Shade

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼