FUEL PRICE PROTESTS

The carbon tax increase will cost householders around 1.40 per month extra, How anybody can say that is a step too far is beyond me,
Yes, this small tax rise is somehow a clarion call for protest and outrage.

Half the price of a cup of takeaway coffee and the funds being put into energy upgrades.

The carbon taxes will cost householders an extra €1.50 per month so I've heard, the use of this tax as a political football is being driven by SF and rural independent TDs for their own ends, anything to keep voters who are easily led outraged.

The carbon taxes will cost householders an extra €1.50 per month so I've heard, the use of this tax as a political football is being driven by SF and rural independent TDs for their own ends, anything to keep voters who are easily led outraged.
Russia, big oil and energy companies amplify all this opposition stuff as if we were all using free wind and sun energy they would be nearly out of business.

The carbon tax increase will cost householders around 1.40 per month extra, How anybody can say that is a step too far is beyond me,
If I'm not mistaken it was part of measures introduced by FG during their time in minority government supported by FF ever before Eamon Ryan took office.

If you tell people enough of times that they cant afford something they will believe you, even when it is obvious that you
can afford it,

Correct but this particular increase was signed off by the FG government in late 2019 as part of the 2020 budget and committed to increasing the tax by €7.50 per tonne for each year up to 2030.
And we are legally bound and committed to doing so, There is no point in politicians telling the young people they are fully
behind the battle against climate change and on the other hand objecting to measures which will help tackle this,

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sister Act The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

6th Apr 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Juicy Couture Fc

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼