Recent content by Superdave

1. S

Colombia

Honeymoon next year in South America - looking for 2 weeks in something approaching mainstream comfort and a week reasonably off the beaten track. Cartenga, Colombia for off the beaten track - anyone been? Or indeed, have any insights on Colombia?
  2. S

Alternative Thai Island? ko Samet?

Have been to thailand 4 or 5 times at this stage and have done all the main spots - samui, phanang, tao, phi phi, phuket, chiang mai, etc. I have a wk there next Jan and want to hit somewhere closer to Bk without having to get on a plane. Anyone been to Samet? Or have an alternative island...
  3. S

50KG Baggage allowance if you're emigrating..

I've just moved and spend a fortune shipping stuff ahead to NZ. Then I hear that if you prove you're emigrating to an airline that they'll up your allowance to 50kg. anyone ever heard this?
  4. S

Chang Mai

Lads, I know there's a good few Thailand experts out there, I've been 4-5 times myself. But always to the islands. I have 5 days in Bangkok from next sunday and considering a couple of days up north in chang Mai. Would it be pointless going up for 2 days? Can get a air asia flight for 60 notes.
  5. S

Burma/Myanmar

Long shot but has anyone been? I have an opportunity for 2 days in Rangoon in a few weeks and was wondering if it's worth it. Probably wouldn't be willing to stray any further than Rangoon though. Things to do in rangoon? Visa situation? Safe? Cheap? Hotels? Cheers
  6. S

Oslo

... and torp airport in particular - is it ridiculously far out? The website says 110k which isn't disimilar to girona in barcelona. Anyone been recently?
  7. S

Worlds worst Tourists...

.... are the french apparently http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090709/lf_nm_life/us_france_tourists My own experience says the Israelis are hands down the worst. Any opinions?
  8. S

Munich Accommodation

Stag party heading for munich on may bank holiday weekend, looking to stay central, marienplatz kinda area. Anyone got suggestions on hotels, serviced apartments, probably looking at budget of €70-€90 a man a night.
  9. S

Tampere

in finland, anyone been?
  10. S

Kuching

....borneo.... anyone been? heading there for a week in november...
  11. S

Ryanair airports

Easter weekend next march - a likely trip. have a few reasonably attractive destintions on paper. The only likely spoiler is ryanairs proximity from the actual location. Anyone have insights on; Gotenburg, Tampere, bremen, eindhoven, riga, kaunas out of dublin? particularly about the city and...
  12. S

Borneo

Anyone been? Heading home in nov and lookin at borneo as potential stopover en route. THinking Kuching as a destination. Will likely only have a week.
  13. S

Blank Canvas

Here's the deal; i'm heading home in late november for good (so one way flight). Intend on spending about 3 weeks seeing somewhere new en route - one final adventure if you will. I'm in NZ. Money is not too much of an issue (within reason). I'm struggling to get flights to South America (which...
  14. S

Bangkok Accomodation

I know bangkok quite well from past visits but different budget/mindset this time - i.e. i'm going with the girlfriend as opposed to a bunch of horned up alco mates. Any advise on half decent places to stay? Have end of trip accomodation booked in Siam Square so would prefer to split...
  15. S

Champions league draw

Have had enough of trying to figure out the time difference from athens to NZ - can someone tell me the time of the draw in ireland?