Recent content by SirHumphreyAppleby

1. S

Training Run Times

Haven't posted in ages , seems like a few here have been going through some injury woes like myself . Got a dose of COVID-19 in late January/Early February and it took the best part of 4 weeks to get any real energy back ( I was vaccinated) . Was tipping away nicely until the last week of May...
  2. S

Training Run Times

Jimmy , glad to hear your hamstring is on the mend . Managed to get back out on Tuesday evening and Yesterday evening. Was a bit stiff on Tuesday evening but managed to move a lot better last night . Both were very handy sessions. Hoping to do a 10/11 miler over the weekend.
  3. S

Training Run Times

Its very frustrating , I was away in my own world at the time and then before you know you are panned out on the footpath . Concentration is the main thing , wet leaves , curbing etc. can all be treacherous in wet and cold weather.
  4. S

Training Run Times

Sorry to hear about the hammer Jimmy . A little rest should do the trick and will be beneficial in the long run . On the injury front I had a much lighter week after picking up a "knock" myself on Thursday evening . I was out in the rain running and was going along on a downhill section of...
  5. S

Training Run Times

Cold one last night . Went to a track session last night and it was tough going after a fairly casual month/Christmas . 3km warm up 400m x12 1km cool down 10 minutes of core exercise Good to get properly up and running for 2022 though.
  6. S

Training Run Times

Injury and the future variations of COVID-19 permitting , I'll be on the start line on December 4th next year in Valencia .
  7. S

Training Run Times

Thanks , I'd say you probably have 8/9km of renaissance paving to run on( wouldn't call it cobbles, but not sure how to accurately describe it.) The rest is tar , even the park which is very smooth. In general I'd describe Florence as being flat.
  8. S

Training Run Times

Was happy enough with the time , 3:27. Course was pretty flat in general , a couple of short punchy hills that were mainly overpasses/underpasses. The old cobbled and paved streets can be a little hard on the legs as well . In terms of the scenery it was quite enjoyable it started in the Piazza...
  9. S

Training Run Times

I haven't posted in ages but read the thread relatively frequently . I think when establishing a target pace for a marathon or whatever else you are looking at the key is to find a pace that you feel keeps you in a comfortable rhythm. Your moving but your not pelting it because come 32km /33 km...
  10. S

The Party of the Left / Communism

Richard Boyd Barrett has suggested wealth taxes and severe taxation for those who earn over 70,000 euro. He suggests a radical redistribution of wealth , were eventually we will all earn the same wage eventually . What motivation does one have to work hard in Barrettania if we will all get...