Recent content by RebelBOK

1. R

the official betting thread.

It's games like that that put your discipline and risk management to the test. I left a lot to be desired on both fronts unfortunately.
  2. R

Marina Market to go BANG?

My point is they must have been given some form of approval/permission when they first started operating otherwise they would have been shut down on the spot given the list of safety standards they would need to comply with such as the fire code, food safety standards, sanitation etc etc etc...
  3. R

If an actual investigation on the level of risk posed in the immediate vicinity of the market is done and it dictates that the continued existence of the market poses a significant and/or high level of risk to the public then absolutely it should cease to exist in its current location. However...
  4. R

The market in question has turned an otherwise derelict building into a thriving environment for small local food businesses, craft makers, artists and so on which thousands of people enjoy and utilize on a daily basis. Laws are not handed down by some divine creature, they are man made and can...
  5. R

It would be a huge loss to the city. Surely there is some vacant lot on the centre park road that could be sought for parking? Direct all the traffic away from Kennedy quay which would alleviate a lot of the concerns.
  6. R

Vegan nut on Prendeville

I wouldn't go as far as noble but I definitely agree we can and should treat animals better. I don't think there is anything wrong with eating meat, lots of animals eat other animals, we humans just happened to win the evolutionary race and rather than having to hunt our meat with a spear we...
  7. R

Vegan nut on Prendeville

Exactly, how difficult it WAS for the veggies. Times changed and society got with "it", plenty of choice now for those that don't want to eat meat. Doesn't mean it has to be imposed on the rest of us. They are assholes for even suggesting such a thing.
  8. R

Vegan nut on Prendeville

That's how assholes like this make gains in their agenda. Try and push for something that they themselves know is completely over the top and unrealistic and end up "settling" for a compromise of "Vegan Tuesday" or something like that. Rinse and repeat. It's a well worn tactic by many an...
  9. R

NFL Season 22/23

Some game, people will start taking the Vikings serious now and where do the Bills stand after that? SB favourites in many people's eyes up to around 4 hours ago. What was Allen thinking with that last throw?
  10. R

Munstershire v Sifrica

Really enjoyable experience. It was my first time in the new Pairc and if I'm being honest I was very critical of the plans when it was being built but being it there last night it still has the vibe of the old Pairc but in a nice new shiny suit. Is it the greatest stadium? Absolutely not but it...
  11. R

Munstershire v Sifrica

In terms of demand rugby has done nothing but grow in this country since the early naughties. The fact that Cork, as the second biggest city in the country, doesn't have a means to hold a game of significant size or importance is a bit of a joke. Except that of course, now we do... While Cork...
  12. R

Official NHL Thread

What a complete cluster fuck by the Bruins. Neely will be under pressure for signing of on that in the first place. Shouldn't do much damage on the ice however as these sort of stories run their course in pretty short time. What a repugnant little shit that Miller is though, hopefully this is...
  13. R

Official NHL Thread

Incredible!! Early days but 10-1-0 is a serious start. Top of the entire league. Leafs up next. Go B's
  14. R

Halloween

Yeah it was brilliant alright. We booked the Christmas experience there straight after so looking forward to that.
  15. R

Halloween

I pass through there regularly with work and when I passed through last week I thought it seemed much more toned down than previous years or maybe that was too early to judge and they put up much more since? Was going to bring my girls down but at 1 and 3 they are probably still a bit young to...