Recent content by Padraig Mor

1. P

Cyclists

It's amazing how blind supporters of thug cyclists are - put direct video evidence of intimidation of pedestrians in front of them and they "didn't see nuttin'". Everyone else can judge for themselves:
  2. P

Cyclists

Nice to see you supporting a thug intimidating vulnerable road users. I suggest you watch the video.
  3. P

Cyclists

Or, more accurately: John Grace / RTBI careering at speed directly towards a crowd of more vulnerable road users (pedestrians) crossing a footpath on a pedestrian green light perpendicular to his direction of travel, and only hitting the brakes at the last moment in a clear attempt at...
  4. P

Cyclists

Haven't seen the interview but given that cyclists seem to be shrieking about victim blaming and looking for his head, I'm guessing he had the audacity to suggest that maybe cyclists should pay at least some heed to attempting to keep themselves safe and not just expect motorists to do it for them?
  5. P

The official NATIONAL court report thread

Controversial but.....I can see why this is happening. Now, don't get me wrong - I had a good chuckle at the thought of those three vermin burning to death and hope they died screaming - but apparently the Gardai prohibit chasing scumbags the wrong way up the road (which is precisely why scum do...
  6. P

Teachers

Big issue with nurses in particular. Have a nice few years in their 20s abroad living the life of Reilly and earning big bucks tax free in Dubai or wherever. Come home with enough cash to buy a house or at least put a big deposit towards, and then start popping out the babies after a couple of...
  7. P

Teachers

My understanding is that years worked abroad ARE recognised for the purposes of increments when Irish teachers return home - as long as they've been working in recognised state schools while abroad. It's only where they've been working in (usually big money) private schools with unknown...
  8. P

Bus Eireann

Yeah that's what I mean - it was a sequential registration with the bus in the pic, just can't remember it if was one up or one down. Must have been Thursday I saw them - only day this week I used the South Ring in the morning according to my location history. They were travelling together...
  9. P

Bus Eireann

Not a bus nerd, but I saw this bus making what I presume was the end of its journey to Cork the other day, on the South Ring. It was traveling in tandem with another bus which seemed to be the same and which had a sequential registration number (7905 or 7907, can't remember which).
  10. P

Batsh*t Crazy Green Party

If you regularly do 1300km in a day an EV is not for you. I would suggest however that such usage is very atypical and not representative of the average motorist. I'm above average at about 2000km a month and I have no issues. Other than one Dublin-and-back-in-a-day trip last year I haven't even...
  11. P

On fourth EV here, 180,000km electric driving. If you're charging at home EVs cost feck all to run - I'm paying about €45 a month in electricity to go ~2000km - and even that is a substantial rise from a couple of years ago. Far cry from the days I was spending €300 a month on petrol! Servicing...
  12. P

Cyclists

Looks like it's the cyclists who are far more in need of additional testing, per today's Irish Times: https://www.irishtimes.com/ireland/2024/03/30/serious-injuries-to-cyclists-on-roads-far-higher-in-medical-records-than-in-official-garda-data/ "Almost two-thirds (64 per cent) of hospitalised...
  13. P

Ironically, you've actually proved yourself wrong - here's a pic of the old Fiat 500 versus the version you've posted: Would you deny the size difference? And if I like cars.......so what?
  14. P

So you admit to creepily trying to find out information about me from outside the PROC? That's notification to the Gardai level of stalking weirdness mate. You should get help. And I believe you have referred to me as rattled previously!? Don't worry though, I won't be following your lead and...
  15. P

Yes, and today's "very small" cars are much bigger than the "very small" cars of the 70s/80s. Also, have you tried to get three child seats into the back of i10 in a compliant manner? There's €100 in it for you if you can! My parents had five kids in the back of a Renault - can't do that now...