Recent content by Out da Lough Like

1. O

Traffic Chaos At Ringaskiddy Roundabout

The Ringaskiddy roundabout on the way into Carrigaline is closed due to a chemical spill.
  2. O

Cork Wins Again

European Region Of The Future Award as awarded by the Financial Times, FDI magazine: (FDI = Foreign Direct Investment. NORTHERN EUROPE/ IRELAND: Winner: Cork Cork has attracted investment in sectors such as pharmaceuticals and healthcare, information and communication technology and...
  3. O

Take That Blow Audience Away With Fab Concert!!

Take That's thrilling comeback (BANG) - Take That wowed audiences last night (23.04.06) on the first show of their comeback tour. Howard Donald, 37, Gary Barlow, 35, Mark Owen, 35, and Jason Orange, 34, proved they were still a pop force in front of 9,000 screaming fans in...
  4. O

Will Milan catch Juventus?

Three points in it, three games to go. Milan have won ten of their last twelve, Juve have drawn their last five games. And if they finish level on points, Milan win the title on the basis that they beat Juve 3-1 already this season. It will all be down to Roma on the last day of the season at...
  5. O

Wizz Air

Wizz Air, (I know, me too, I never heard of them either) are holding a press conference in Cork on Friday to announce details of their expansion plans from Cork Airport. They are allegedly a new low cost carrier based in Central and Eastern Europe. Hmmm.......
  6. O

Thank You

To: Thomas J. Clarke Sean MacDiarmada Thomas MacDonagh Padraig Pearse Eamonn Ceannt James Connolly Joseph Plunkett Thank you. You gave your lives so that we could have the freedoms which we enjoy today. I know that things maybe aren't the best, there is a lot of problems in the...
  7. O

Centenary Of Samuel Beckett

I watched "Play" the other night on RTE (the one with Alan Rickman) and I must say it was one of the best films I've seen in years. It would be worth the licence fee alone just for that 16 minutes. The editing, the acting, the makeup, the lighting, everything about it was superb. So fair play to...
  8. O

Sir Henrys And The GPO In Dumpland

As we all know, over 350,000 people attended the Nirvana Concert in Sir Henrys, but now it appears that the GPO in Dumpland is the largest building in Ireland as apparently half the populations Great-Grandfathers were in there in 1916 during the rising. And there were four million people at...
  9. O

What’s "squeaky bum time" in Portuguese?

(Or Russian even) Eight days ago, the gap was 15 points........ Heh heh heh..... :)
  10. O

What Company Do You Hate The Most?

Following on from that thread about the most hated company in America, what company do you hate the most in Ireland? I hate Eircom, the bastards. I hate the whole Scotts/Havana Browns/Shoeboxes In Victoria Cross crowd as well.
  11. O

United Release Fortune, Announce Summer Tour Of South Africa

United Release Fortune, Announce Summer Tour Of South Africa Brilliant timing. Fortune isn't getting a new contract, and both Villareal and Deportivo are said to be interested in him for next season. Meanwhile, United will tour South Africa during the summer. Poor Quinton. 126 games, 11 goals.
  12. O

Saturday is April 1st

And as most of us will be off at the weekend, I might as well start by saying: Your laces are open.
  13. O

"Rolling Stones Are Shite" - Noel Gallagher

From The Examiner: Gallagher blasts ageing Stones quality 29/03/2006 - 17:08:50 Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher has slammed veteran band The Rolling Stones for failing to realise their recent albums will never equal the classic discs they released in the 1960s and 1970s. The Wonderwall star...
  14. O

O'Flynn Construction Major Housing Scheme Rejected By An Bord Pleanala

O'Flynn Construction Major Housing Scheme Rejected By An Bord Pleanala They wanted to build 600 houses in Dunkathel in Glanmire. An Bord Pleanala told them to fuck off today. OK,ok, maybe they "refused them planning permission" but it's basically the same thing.
  15. O

The Clam

That's my new name for Hard-Fi. The Clam. An amalgam of The Clash and The Jam. Still, they're not that bad. (I would welcome tuckers or redabbeys opinions on this theory) I wish to FAWK there was a music forum