Recent content by Mossybanks

1. M

FAO Admin

Take the holly off the titlebar please. It makes the site look dated, inward looking, and backward. This is the 12th of Janaury, and I've just eaten my first creme egg of 2010, and ye're still fixated with Christmas. :shock:
  2. M

Lismore Man Ordered To Walk Through Town Carrying Apologetic Sign

Lismore Man Ordered To Walk Through Town Carrying Apologetic Sign A guy in his 30's from Lismore got drunk and fell out of a pub at 2:30AM in the morning. He then dropped his pants and exposed himself to several people including some women. At the local court during the week, the Judge said...
  3. M

An Icon Is Wound Down: GM To Close Saab

GM to wind down Saab US car manufacturer General Motors will wind down operations at its loss-making Swedish unit Saab after an attempt to sell it to small Dutch luxury carmaker Spyker Cars failed. GM said in a statement the move was not a bankruptcy or forced liquidation process, and it...
  4. M

Global Warming

Yeah right. -4 last night, forecast -7 tonight. It's all a scam.
  5. M

Man Claimed Drink Was Refused As He Was Not Gay

A middle aged man who was refused drink at a gay bar claimed he was a victim of traveller discrimination, and later claimed he was being discriminated against because he was not gay. At the height of William Faulkner's attempts to be served drink at Flux Bar on MacCurtain Street, he claimed...
  6. M

Christmas Filth

7. M

Should Shops In Cork Open On St. Stephens Day?

Debenhams, Marks & Spencers and some other stores will be open in Cork City Centre on St. Stephens Day. Do you think this is a positive development, or do you think that they should remain closed?
  8. M

Ideas For Teachers Christmas Gift

The old chestnut of what children should give teachers for Christmas is being debated on radio stations again. Many parents aren't giving any gifts because of the whole public sector thing, and the recent teachers strike. Other parents are organising cash collections (minimum contribution €10)...
  9. M

96fm

I know we slag them off, but in all fairness, they played a blinder during the recent flooding disaster. Also, they were pointing the finger at the ESB way before anyone else picked up on it. Since the floods they have also been collecting donations, organising water deliveries, publicising...
  10. M

How Big Is The Internet?

http://gizmodo.com/5422415/how-huge-is-the-internet-on-an-average-day
  11. M

Ageism

The way that the budget cut the social welfare pay of people based on their age yesterday sounds illegal to me. How can one person get €150 and another get €204 simply because one is 21 and the other is 23? This is different to pensioners.
  12. M

Very First Message Posted Here

So much for fanfares and launch parties. First ever response to a message: And so it began..... :lol: (19 days from posting to getting a reply, my how times have changed.)
  13. M

Think Positive About Recession

Some good news for a change: David Bloch, MD of the Brightwater Group comments: October 1st the ESRI predicted Ireland would be out of recession by Q1 2011, Davy’s stockbrokers predicted Q1 2010 and NCB predicted Q4 2009… I think I’ll go with NCB!! Ireland’s economy can be simply divided into...
  14. M

Dublin docklands seek state aid

We should watch this like a hawk, seeing as the Government wouldn't give us the money to build the new gateway bridge between the Lower Glanmire Road and the Marina to provide access to our docklands. The Irish Times also reports that the Dublin Docklands Development Authority said yesterday it...
  15. M

I miss The Spice Girls

And their zig a zig ways. I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want, I want them to reform for Christmas. Baby Spice was my favourite. I miss them. :sad: