Recent content by Midcorkgael

1. M

Cork Footballers

Did they not beat them in 2020?
  2. M

2024 Junior A Football Championship

Should be a county junior league play off with the league winners of each division. Winners take the place in the county league from the team who a relegated easy. Your counting on a team from your division being relegated to get into in the current format thus will end up being a yo-yo with...
  3. M

2024 Junior A Football Championship

Iniscarra result lately in the Muskerry league don't suggest there anywhere near winning a mid cork or county. Aghinagh motoring well would fancy them to win Muskerry even though will become a minefield in Championship when Ballincollig and Eire Ogs minors come into play.
  4. M

Cork Minor Hurling 2024

Joe Canning was a Galway minor at 15.
  5. M

Cork Footballers

"Regression", "West Cork Mafia" "John Clearys relations" seems to be the new buzz word around here as well as this lad who was good minor this lad can kick a ball from 40 yards over the bar tripe that you would hear from the local drunk who last attended a game sober 30 years ago - lads there...
  6. M

Cork Footballers

To be honest i couldnt care less if they could give them a game in February. Cleary is priming for Championship. I have no doubt they would give them a game in the Summer as they did last Summer.
  7. M

Cork Footballers

You have not obviously been reading this thread very much.
  8. M

Cork Footballers

Re "How many years until its ok to feel like Cork footballers are under performing" Well the GAA is 139 years old dude or dudette so your point really is a silly one. Cork football goes in waves thats the way it always had been and the way it most likely will be. If all the Jim Gavins and Jim...
  9. M

Cork Footballers

Dublin and Derry were both in division 2 last year. Donegal wont be far off this year and they are divison 2. Mayo won divison 1 last year and fell on their holes to us of all teams. Yer buying into this big media hype of the league away too much lads get a grip. Ye dont know whats going on in...
  10. M

Cork Footballers

8 Munster U21s in the last 15 years if your are going down the last 15 years route that would be more than Kerry the "standard bearers" of football so yes there is plenty of talent in Cork. Ye should read Pat Spillanes book I cant stand the hoor but he was absolutely bang on when describing the...
  11. M

Cork Footballers

I did read his post and im perfectly calm we finished with 7 points last year will come close to that again this year. Didnt play particulary well in the league either last year. Its championship that counts and Cleary will have them primed for the same again this year i have no doubt. Same...
  12. M

Cork Footballers

Your ponts dont stack up at all: Miles off division 1 teams? Beat Mayo division 1 champions in the championship. Beat Roscommon Division 1 team in thr championship. Ran the All Ireland champions 2022 Kerry to 4 points in championship. Ran 2023 all ireland champions Dublin to a few points in the...
  13. M

Cork Footballers

Era for ffs lads we could have the same discussion in the hurling thrend regarding East Cork and to be honest I think the real heart of football in Cork is in West Duhallow and West Muskerry it hits more there being on the borders with Kerry, low populations and playing in grades miles above...
  14. M

Cork Footballers

Because its a common storey around Mid Cork Chopper.
  15. M

Cork Footballers

I did say that was probably bull shit you muppet.