Recent content by Mick Lyons

1. M

Novak Djokovic

Please don't move this to the SF, AdminY. This will hopefully widen into a broader debate on the 'gender pay gap'. Novak Djokovic: men’s tennis should fight for more prize money than women 'Speaking after his straight-sets win against Milos Raonic in the men’s final, the Serb said women...
  2. M

Buncrana tragedy

Jesus. Five dead in Donegal tragedy 'The five, 2 adult males, one adult female and two small boys, lost their lives when the car they were in entered the water at the slipway in Buncrana.' http://donegalnews.com/2016/03/five-dead-in-donegal-tragedy/
  3. M

Natural justice

Female tourist ‘kicked across bar floor’ in vicious assault at city centre nightclub 'The man was then subdued with pepper spray by gardai before he attempted to break free again. However, he sustained a head injury when, blinded by pepper spray, he fell against the kerb.'...
  4. M

Cross, fit women

5. M

Maria Sharapova - Doping

Live press conference now. OTB talking about it. Failed drug test at the Australian Open. Shit just got real. 'Meldonium'.
  6. M

Stuff that only ever happens to you on a Monday

Just realised I forgot to put on a belt before I left the house this morning. Now I can't take off my jumper or everyone will think I'm some sort of unsophisticated yokel. "Look at that ape with no belt!", they'll cry. Have to walk around with my hands in my pockets as well... this...
  7. M

Jasmine Harman

Holy shit lads, just saw her on the Late Late (+1). Looking amazeballs. She's talking about 'hoarding'. I misheard her at first and got a bit excited.
  8. M

Stain removal tips

I don't have any, but I need them. Got into the car a couple of days ago and put my takeaway coffee between my legs while I was reaching into the glove box. The lid wasn't on properly and I had a little mishap. There's now a round circular stain on the drivers seat in a very unfortunate...
  9. M

Yellow snow alert

Stupid phone. IGNORE
  10. M

Oscar frocks 2016

Some top, top rig-outs. These aren't the actual award ceremony dresses tbf. Puts that dog & pony show, the BAFTAS, to shame. Brie Larson Rachel McAdams TayTay Caitlyn Jenner
  11. M

Next FG leader

Enda can't survive this surely.
  12. M

Compensation claims

Is it just me or is there an upsurge in people (women especially) getting rakes of cash in compo claims? Woman awarded €75,000 after breaking ankle while crossing embankment leaving shopping centre...
  13. M

Proper Irish heroes

Emma Kelly, take a bow. Salon robber had Yankee candle broken over his head 'The court heard that Halpin entered the beauty salon Urban Dolls in Corduff Shopping Centre wearing latex gloves and armed with a kitchen knife. He grabbed the owner Sarah White by the neck and put a knife to her back...
  14. M

Every parent's worst nightmare

Mother in Australia finds three-metre python biting son's head in bed http://www.independent.ie/world-news/asia-pacific/mother-in-australia-finds-threemetre-python-biting-sons-head-in-bed-34481026.html I used to check under my bed when I was small for snakes, leeches, the boogeyman and...
  15. M

Human on the loose...

Consider this a companion piece to my excellent 'Leopard on the loose...' thread. Trinity graduate who knocked bouncer's teeth out and punched garda in the mouth to be sentenced 'McGlynn became aggressive and was told by the bouncer to “chill out”. McGlynn then punched the victim in the mouth...