Recent content by macuísle

1. M

Films that don't stand the test of time....

E.T. (Laid up with another in a seemingly endless series of horse back riding injuries. Finally getting my monies worth out of NetFlix.) Spielberg's little fairy tale is rubbish. The FX is horrible, cringeworthy silliness and the plot line well it's not meant to be Shakespeare but it's just...
  2. M

So today after Mass....

several people came up to me and congratulated (?) me on the 100th anniversary of THE RISING. At first I thought it was an elaborate prank by Father Declan who is torn between thinking it's cool he has an actual Mick living in his parish and being annoyed by my refusal to get involved in...
  3. M

Woke up this morning with steve....

on my mind. stevie wher ya be boyo? I haven't laughed at a sanders post in ever so long. Please Come Back Steve!
  4. M

Cork Dictionary

So I'm telling the lads at Omaha Steaks that there's this site, THE PROC, and it's got a really cool dictionary of Corkonian slang. And I go to show them and it's gone! WTF, like? Thanks for letting me down, AGAIN, Proc.
  5. M

In a fight with Sinn Fein

Well it's finally happened. In a slugfest with a noted Shinner over immigration. I never thought that would be the issue to divide us but "if you live long enough ",according to some warrior dude "you see the policies of your party float by you in a sea of slurry." Or something like that.
  6. M

Where's sanders?

I need a fix of something genuinely funny.
  7. M

Aban Apartments next to Garnish House on the Western

What do you lot know about this gaff? Any good? Honest, helpful answers will get you a drink at Christmas time. Pinky swear.
  8. M

The world is coming to end this is your last chance....

to confess your nastiest truth. Mine is this. I don't give a fuck about monkey's. I hate them. I could care less about gorilla's, chimpanzees, gibbon's et al. as well. Jane Goodall makes me want to punch her when she withers on about chimps. Then are horrible. They will rip your lips off...
  9. M

Called it!

If you feens remember I nailed this prediction: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-28250482 Bite me steve sanders.
  10. M

lazerette jack white

Just listening to a free downplay there from iTunes. I believe it might be genius. However with the possible exception of a bit of piano twiddling I am a musical retard. So I appeal to those who consort with the cosmic dance. Jack White, Genius or pretentious wanker?
  11. M

Kimye's Irish honeymoon

What passes as tabloids over here say that this unbearably ridiculous couple are honeymooning in Ireland. Do something heroic lads.
  12. M

As I sit here sipping champage....

on a blazing hot Sunday morning in the limited shade of a California pepper tree I think back on all the battles through the years with you lot and others regarding the validity of Sinn Fein. All the insults from gobshites like Out the Locke Like and all the mewing little comments from bar stool...
  13. M

The Oscar's

No. I'm not going but I have my annual bets into Paddy Powers'. I'm excited and scared. Let's just say if Bruce Dern wins Best Actor I will be in cosy town. Do you lot bet on the Oscar's?
  14. M

A wee shout out to my stoner feens

I have to go stay with an elderly aunt for a month. She makes me crazy, literally, and I need some advice for dealing with it. As marijuana is now legal here, (for the most part), I am considering cooking some. However I CANNOT smoke it. Does anyone have a good recipe for eating the ganja...
  15. M

Gettin caught "rocking out"

So here I am blasting "Sat by the Ocean" on the ol' iPad down by the corral and, thinking I was alone, I squealed out the lyrics in top form when over the crest of the canyon comes Santiago. He's heard everything. He has a smile on his face. I'm thinking, "Christ this will be all over the...