Recent content by leeside_rebel

1. L

The Hurling Thread

He's ok. But at same time they only brought him into training panel after the Fitzgibbon win he had with Mary I. Before that there was 2/3 others in there too so management didn't really even rate him in top 4 options over past couple seasons. So he'd have a long way to go yet to be a potential...
  2. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Clare had a team out that was almost unrecognisable with so many new lads on so wouldn't read much into that game
  3. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

A lot here this evening don't seem to have Lehane in their championship 15. Not sure why, I'd say he is virtually certain to start. After a great league.
  4. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

For anyone that was there, how'd Pa Collins end up getting the point? Did he just come out and got a bit of space to carry ball into shooting range or what was the scenario
  5. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

The only place to watch it I'd say is from the stand in Wexford, don't think there is any tv or online option.
  6. L

The Official Golf Thread

He's some craic though, like a normal lad you'd meet around the place. I heard that 7 times between Friday to Sunday they had to apologise on the Sky coverage for his bad language 😂
  7. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Great to see Connolly back, probably the most natural goalscorer we've seen in a while on the senior team. He's a big extra option to have now that wasn't there 12 months ago. Obviously I wouldn't get carried away either, the first 2 goals were shocking things, you'd hardly see defending like...
  8. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Lehane has been excellent so far in league
  9. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I said TOM wasn't a certain starter. MC would be a certainty in my eyes
  10. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Everyone is a loss as it reduces options. But overall he probably wasn't a certain starter at present time so how much of a loss who knows.
  11. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Very hard on the management, you'd love if they could get a scenario where every single player was available for selection. Over the past few seasons there has always been someone missing
  12. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Some lads just seem to get zero luck with the injuries and the run of misfortune they get, Robbie Flynn is another
  13. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

They are definitely gone to Dingle for weekend, would be disastrous to pick up any injuries at this stage
  14. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

You're comparing different eras really even though it doesn't feel that long ago, but it's 20 years or so which is long enough with how the game has evolved. It's impossible to compare players who played at different times. So we'll never know if Niall Mac would have done well and adapted his...
  15. L

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Tim O'Mahony is a decent player but isn't anywhere even remotely close to Niall McCarthy, to me there isn't even the possibility to compare them McCarthy is so far ahead