Recent content by KolaKubes

1. K

Cexit

https://youtu.be/UmcnBR8mfeM Is this grounds for wanting to leave the ROI or would it be easier to leave Cavan go to the North? Someone explain to me what Cork has in common with Cavan that we don't with Cornwall?
  2. K

Cork Autonomy

All joking aside. Rather than having to argue for our share of the national pot, why not opt for a system where more of the revenue generated here is retained here. Obviously it would have to be part of some broader national movement towards more local govt and taxation but I think this would...
  3. K

Should I get Chinese?

I'm peckish.
  4. K

Fairness

5. K

Indiependence

Someone telling me today they'd heard there'd be none next year?
  6. K

Cork Sports

Is it three Cork lads in the Irish panel? None on the soccer team. Both GAA teams a joke. What's happened to sport in Cork?
  7. K

The Official New Mrs De Gea Thread

Must be some nice Brits who he could nab with the £12m from signing a new contract. I'll start with Rosie Huntington-Whitely
  8. K

Premium Used BMW

I bought one of these middle of last year. Two years cover. Noticed the clutch slipping slightly maybe in the last year. Brought it in for a headlight change and said they should look at the clutch as well. They said they thought it was grand when they went for a drive in it but, this week, took...
  9. K

Who would do the voiceover on your reality TV show?

James Van Der Beek
  10. K

Five in a row or five in six years

I'd have more respect for the latter. Shows a team was winning against vaguely competent opposition.
  11. K

You know what

12. K

Dear Journalists

You were the ones who elevated Bertie to demigod status during the boom. You turned a blind eye to John O'Donoughue's lavish lifestyle and McCreevy's giveaway budgets. You never asked why the Bacon Report was scrapped or why a generation of Irish young men were allowed sleep walk out of...
  13. K

The Professional Class vs The Business Class

There's a difference there, I think. Traverses wealth or public vs private. Something to do with risk, mainly. Great respect for others in their own "guild" but not for those without. I'm not sure those who sold things were very highly thought of at home (unless it was milk and bullocks...
  14. K

The Semi -Pro GAA

Prompted by a comment on the Cork Minor Hurlers thread about why our youth teams weren't as well funded as others. I can't believe I'm saying this but, of late, I've been convinced that the difficulties in Cork hurling are not simply a bunch of old fools but, rather, that they believe in the...
  15. K

The New Blueshirts