Recent content by Killyoursons

1. K

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Very good question, and you're right that good coaching can improve players. But it won't always be straightforward, and it can be hard to tell when it happens. Take Joyce - he's undoubtedly a better player than he was two years ago, but is that down to coaching with the Cork set-up, coaching at...
  2. K

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Good question. O'Flynn played a half today, seemed to be in the HF line but if he is judged good to start I would like to see him inside with Connolly, with Barrett roaming as he did today. If he is not fit to start, I would seriously consider Hayes. He is a frustrating player in some respects...
  3. K

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

On paper I prefer Waterford's team. I think they have more question marks than Cork in other respects, though. The main ones are the key players who have had little or no game time, and how Davy is likely to set them up - I think we will see a lot of crowding in the middle and pot shots from...
  4. K

PROC Hurling Championship 2024 “Name the Winners” Competition

Munster: Clare Leinster: Kilkenny AI: Kilkenny Today's matches: Wexford, Kilkenny, Galway, Limerick, Cork (just about)
  5. K

Cork Footballers

I really doubt that. Kerry are one of the top three teams in the country, Cork are a mid-Division 2 side. Kerry have better players (and crucially two or three outstanding ones) and are used to grinding out results against better opposition.
  6. K

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Not a very exciting selection, tbh. I think what's most disappointing is the conservatism - it looks like in almost every position where there was a choice to be made, management went with the more experienced option. Individually, each if these choices has something to be said for it: Cahalane...
  7. K

Cork Minor Hurling 2024

Clare won, 15 points to 9, scoring the last five points. It might turn out to be be between them and Cork for a Munster final place.
  8. K

Cork u20 Football 2024

Disappointing enough. Odd that they didn't press the Kerry kick-out more in the second half. Five points with the wind isn't great.
  9. K

Cork u20 Football 2024

Five now. Cork struggling to make chances let alone score. Don't have anyone who can close Crowley down. TBF, Kerry playing well against the wind.
  10. K

Cork u20 Football 2024

Good start to the second half. Have the wind, already looks like they are trying to kick more often and longer. Need to be more careful going long to Myers when there is an extra defender.
  11. K

Cork u20 Football 2024

Good opening quarter but it looks like Kerry have got to grips with them since then. Still in it but need to move the ball more quickly, Kerry are slowing Cork down when they try to take the ball out of defence and Cork look a bit too focused in keeping possession. Luke Crowley is dropping out...
  12. K

Cork u20 Football 2024

Streaming on Tg4 YouTube:
  13. K

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I agree. A great talent (probably better than any of the others named), but has been a bit hot and cold so far at U20 level. Scored four points from play in an AI final, but that was when his team was going well and he was being fed lovely ball. Likewise last night he looked ordinary until Cork...
  14. K

Cork Minor Hurling 2024

Either you or Derebels have it wrong...
  15. K

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

Good shout - I'd forgotten about him. Mostly a sub on that minor team iirc, but someone like him would definitely be worth considering.