Recent content by johnnyboy

1. J

The Kerry Babies Case

What does the Irish Independent article today say? "Kerry babies' couple deny DNA proves they are parents of murdered child". I'm confused.
  2. J

Missing woman in Youghal.

Unbelievably bizarre. Everyone said it was him. Surely his house was searched from top to bottom when she disappeared?
  3. J

The Kerry Babies Case

39 years ago today https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/truth-about-kerry-baby-john-may-have-gone-to-the-grave-with-man-linked-to-case-42432142.html It seems like they're trying to blame it on someone who died in the last few years.
  4. J

The Kerry Babies Case

It will depend on the response they get from interviewing friends and family. However I would be amazed if anyone said anything other than 'I know nothing '. Otherwise you're volunteering yourself for a Joanna Hayes type public grilling where you will be grilled by lawyers and then grilled by...
  5. J

Bruce Springsteen query

Was there a novel which featured Bruce Springsteen lyrics that he sanctioned...quite a few years back?
  6. J

Anyone claimed the 250 euro compensation from Ryanair for flight delay

Anyone claimed the 250 euro compensation from Ryanair for flight delay What is the best way of doing this or am I wasting my time? The flight was delayed due to technical problems with the plane. Do you phone them at £1 a min , email them or write to them? Thanks
  7. J

Oh to be, Oh to be, Oh to be a

bat! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/7496923.stm
  8. J

What do banks charge for lodging a sterling cheque?

I'm in the UK and I've got to send somebody in Ireland 1200 euros, equates to £954 sterling but if he gets charged for converting from Sterling to euros I would add on that amount. Any ideas how much that would be?
  9. J

Has Wenger ever sold a player who's then improved at another club?

Has Wenger ever sold a player who's then improved at another club? I'm thinking more about players who were regular first teamers rather than the likes of David Bentley who had never made the breakthrough. It sems to me that he gets good players to over-achieve and without his mentoring they...
  10. J

Can you do a dummy-solo in rugby?

or a dummy hop even like the GAA boys? I'd imagine not or surely Rog or some of our ex-GAA boys would have tried it?
  11. J

What mobile networks have coverage throughout the whole of Ireland?

What mobile networks have coverage throughout the whole of Ireland? I'm in the UK with o2 but thinking of switching to one of the others, Orange/T-Mobile/Vodafone/3. Do all of these operate in Ireland and which would I be better off avoiding as I spend a lot of my holidays in Ireland in the...
  12. J

'Pregnant' man stuns medical profession

so what do we need women for at all at all http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/03/26/wpreg126.xml
  13. J

Foreign widow washes at Dennehy's cross!!!

Has she no shame like.. and her oul fella hardly cold in his grave!
  14. J

Best route from Rosslare to Killarney

Driving from Rosslare to Killarney on Sat week , from 7am ish, and wondering what is the best route. Normally take the AA route via Waterford, Clonmel, Cahir, Mitchelstown, Killarney but have noticed lately the road is a bit rubbish in parts. The RAC website suggests going via Waterford...
  15. J

Why is the K club so called ?