Recent content by Bwana_Dik

1. B

Thomas Pynchon Question.

One of my favourites as it happens. RTE did a full reading of it a rake of years ago, runs to about 25 hours in total. Hearing the written word spoken by top class actors renders it much more understandable and enjoyable. I'd say you might find it if you poked around the interwebs. There's a...
  2. B

Thomas Pynchon Question.

I gave up after roughly 80 pages myself. My poor head was buckled. I might give it a lash again before I die, if I live for a long time more.
  3. B

things british people love

Vegemite aul stock
  4. B

Religion of peace. Thread 175429

Rachel apologised if her post "misunderstood", FFS.
  5. B

The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

I'd say this Purple boyo is a longtime lurker here, much like myself. Seems to be quite familiar with the way the place operates.
  6. B

Jesus lads, 'tis looking like BREXIT!

A classic case of punching down. Ignore the industrial-scale grifting and outright criminal fraud and thievery by the Tories and their cabal, but make sure there's a good Mail headline about welfare scroungers.
  7. B

Official Cycling Thread

I'm prepared to believe some of the performance improvements are due to more scientific training, preparation and nutrition - I've been reading that an hourly intake of more than 100g of easily-absorbed carbohydrates is typical now, unheard of in the past. But it's all heading for the land of...
  8. B

Official Cycling Thread

Isn't it though. Fastest hell ever I think.
  9. B

Benny does it again.

Hard to bate the aul revolut. They're after atin the Irish bank's lunch (or more accurately dinner, sure what else would you have in the middle of the day)
  10. B

Far-Right Protests in Fermoy

Nice place to be fair - the little that I see of it. Get my breakfast there when I'm passing through a few times a year. Stayed in it for a few months "between residences" years ago, it was an awful kip back then.
  11. B

The Official Golf Thread

Last year's Ryder Cup :ROFLMAO:
  12. B

Far-Right Protests in Fermoy

<iNsErt cOunTrY NamE hErE> IS FULL
  13. B

Kyle Hayes - a good GAA man?

I'm at a loss as to what this has to do with insurance.
  14. B

Kyle Hayes - a good GAA man?

Insurance doesn't prevent accidents. It's there to mitigate the consequence of accidents when they occur.
  15. B

The Official Swimming Thread

He came across very well IMHO. A nice lad.