Recent content by Bogroad

1. B

2023 Premier sfc

Tragic game of football in terrible conditions. Mark Cronin excellent. Clon shot themselves in the foot with some decision making in final third. Sean White looks to have done a hamstring again towards the end? Overall nemo did enough to deserve it. Tom Clancy needs to be contributing more...
  2. B

2023 Premier sfc

Douglas have a lot to offer this championship yet if they can keep players fit and get their conversion rates up. They are very solid defensively but forward play letting them down again. Powter immense. Kingston a very good footballer, such a natural athlete. Losing meaney was a big loss...
  3. B

2023 Premier sfc

Very poor call at the death with a Maguire point blatantly wide. Standard of refereeing in Cork is very worrying. John Ryan the man in the middle today and made some very poor calls. Credit Douglas, really put it up to Barrs and the goal killed them at a vital time. When they get their act...
  4. B

2023 Premier sfc

Who were the stand out performers over the weekend? I attended 2 games and from other inputs across the board here, there does not seem to be much to cheer about in the style of play across the county. Players of note this weekend. Colm Scully - Barrs Colin Walsh - Kanturk Mattie Taylor - mallow...
  5. B

2023 Premier sfc

Clon a disappointment yet again. Terrific display from young Colin Walsh of kanturk too. Can only be a positive thing for cork football with our young players stepping up to the fore
  6. B

2023 Premier sfc

Seriously poor result for Douglas. Fully in control of this game until last 15. Powter took a huge bang and from here his influence seized. Douglas very reliant on Flahive and Wilson who were among the powerful Douglas men today chipping in with scores. No forwards for Douglas is seriously...
  7. B

Cork Footballers

I would have close connection to a lot of older folk in Douglas while also living down west and seeing up close the talent on both sides of the border. People are slow to accept development of a lot of clubs. By all accounts I believe Kevin Flahive is now the oldest player on the Douglas panel...
  8. B

Cork Footballers

Certainly one of the best markers in Cork foxy and if not in top 2 in his own club who would be better and if so, would they not be involved with a set up? While clon have some top notch players I think there is a reluctance to accept there is equally talented players in the city from numerous...
  9. B

2023 Premier sfc

Was up in the city tonight.. Nemo one up on their neighbours in very tough league conditions. Pitch looked to be a swamp.. Kerrigan and Conor Horgan pick of the bunch pulling them through, Brian/Niall Hartnetts and Sean Wilson with strong showings for Douglas. 10-5
  10. B

2023 Premier sfc

Would agree with a lot here fox and not underwriting the talent in Clon. It is superb. Down west myself so I see it first hand.. was chatting to someone who heard first hand from a former douglas coach that the dual dilemma is a thorny issue. Older experienced hurlers of cork status putting...
  11. B

2023 Premier sfc

Must be a few teams in need of management for the year ahead.. Clon, Douglas, Eire og ?
  12. B

2023 Premier sfc

And who is your new pride and joy or is this another fantasy of yours foxy 😂
  13. B

Cork Senior Football 2023

Douglas are also looking for new management I hear, maybe they can do a swap?
  14. B

Cork Footballers

My god Foxy you are painful to listen to. If memory serves young O Hare took shanley for a run around down the pairc that day and equally Clancy has had more than a few hosings in his career but it doesn’t make him any less a player. If you spent less time scrutinising poor performances of other...
  15. B

Cork Footballers

It’s even more deluded you seem to get with this Clon v Douglas feud. You are the only person creating this narrative and players from both camps have confirmed this. You’re very clearly out of the loop Foxy 😂