Recent content by BBJ

1. B

The Aston Villa Thread

I haven't been this excited since we signed Ian Ormondroyd.
  2. B

Jesus lads, 'tis looking like BREXIT!

Has anyone any thoughts on why sterling has been doing relatively successful against the euro in recent times? It was around €1.11 this time last year. Today's rate is close to €1.20.
  3. B

Premier League 21/22

12 points for Villa out of a possible 18 - not a bad managerial start for Steven Gerrard.
  4. B

The official Lufc Thread

And hopefully (for both of us for different reasons) Villa do a number on Burnley on Saturday.
  5. B

ikea dublin

I've spent a fair amount of time in Denmark over the years and they're actually pretty straight-laced.
  6. B

ikea dublin

Meanwhile in Denmark.... An Ikea showroom turned into a vast bedroom in Denmark when six customers and about two dozen staff were stranded by a snowstorm and spent the night in-store...
  7. B

The Aston Villa Thread

Well, very early days and there is the small matter of Man City at Villa Park tomorrow evening but the SG era has at least started with a couple of wins and a very valuable six points.
  8. B

The Aston Villa Thread

It's too bad that it didn't work out for Dean Smith. But he has left with his head held high knowing that he took Villa from a struggling Championship club to the Premier League. After a squeaky bum first season the first half of 2020/2021 was very good although the 2021, particuarly the start...
  9. B

Jack Grealish

Quite surprisingly (my opinion), he has been left out of the England squad for their forthcoming matches. So he has yet to play a competitive match for them and is therefore, in theory, still eligible to declare for Ireland. We all remember the "will he, won't he"saga of a while back. In the...
  10. B

Lord Kilclooney

Just when you think that Lord Kilclooney aka John Taylor cannot plumb the depths of idiocy any further, up he comes with something even dafter. Lord Kilclooney asks Alliance's Jackie Coade why Twitter name ends with 'ie' instead of 'uk' A UNIONIST peer has faced ridicule for appearing to...
  11. B

Ron Atkinson

BFR turned 80 earlier in the week. I first saw him playing for Oxford United in the 1960s and, leaving aside his sojourn at Old Trafford, he did a very good job managing Villa in the 1990s. The 3-1 win over Man U in the League Cup Final in 1994, depriving them of a domestic treble, was...
  12. B

Gunboats in Dundalk Bay

This all seems a bit strange and over the top. The impounding of two Northern Ireland fishing boats by the Irish Navy has been condemned as “quite outrageous” by the DUP deputy leader Nigel Dodds. The boats, the Amity and the Boy Joseph, were detained in Dundalk Bay on Wednesday for allegedly...
  13. B

Six Nations 2019

It all starts rumbling on Friday evening in Paris with France taking on Wales. And then there's the BIG one - Ireland v England at Lansdowne Road on Saturday. Ireland are favourites both for that game and the Championship. That's probably about right but, on a given day, anyone of five teams can...
  14. B

How To Get Cheaper Car Insurance In Canada

Change your gender, that's how. A Canadian man legally changed his gender to female so he could take advantage of better car insurance rates offered to women and save up nearly $1,100 Canadian Dollars, a report said. A man, identified only as “David” who lives in Alberta, told CBC News that he...
  15. B

Meanwhile Up North

I yield to no-one in my love for my native city but am so glad I don't live there. http://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2018/07/11/news/loyalists-attack-police-and-set-fire-to-controversial-bonfire-1379462/ Some things never seem to change.