Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I can't get it out of my head that Cork left at least an AI qualification place after them v Clare last Sunday down to firstly the management selecting the wrong team, secondly getting the match-ups wrong and thirdly not making the changes in time. I believe Cork have been without too many players such as Coleman, Connolly and O'Flynn to make a serious impact and there is no way Sean Finn is as big a loss as them three together. There are also too many issues with Cork like free taking and their obvious best penalty taker not on the penalties, when basics like these aren't adhered to it can affect confidence through the set-up. Although the team is better selected on paper than last Sunday the selection is gone back to relying on Shane Kingston as a starter which has had poor success rate in the past. For Limerick it will be a major surprise if Lynch and Hegarty are as poor as last Sunday. Cork can do it if they ignite but it's difficult to back them, Limerick by 4 points is my verdict. Best wishes to Pat Ryan and his charges, Up the Rebels!🇹🇷

I can't get it out of my head that Cork left at least an AI qualification place after them v Clare last Sunday down to firstly the management selecting the wrong team, secondly getting the match-ups wrong and thirdly not making the changes in time.
100%

Management are going to have to be sharp and ruthless on Sunday with switches and subs

Can't delay and wait and see like v Clare

Learning curve for them but they can't be found wanting on Sunday

I can’t fathom how so many here seem to think Limerick are there for the taking. Not saying we can’t win but Limerick have lost 1 game so far and by a point. They showed last week against Tipp they’re not gone anywhere yet.

Let’s remember that both Clare and Tipp have improved massively and are genuine serious contenders for the All Ireland. Are we? I don’t think we are this year.
Cork have very similar results vs Clare and Tipp no?

It’s generally accepted that Clare could have beaten us by more and that we should have been beaten by Tipp too isn’t it? We played for 15 minutes against Tipp and Clare had a lot of wides last week. Something tells me that Limerick won’t be so generous.
Cork had plenty of goal chances early vs Clare. Score one more of those alone and the game could’ve been very different.

Although the team is better selected on paper than last Sunday the selection is gone back to relying on Shane Kingston as a starter which has had poor success rate in the past.
I also have serious concerns related to physicality/work rate in terms of starting both SK and DF on Sunday, even though both have loads of ability. Hoping to be proved totally and utterly wrong.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Simple Kid
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

5th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

All You Need Is Death (16)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:15pm

More events ▼