Cork Hurlers - Part 2

It’s generally accepted that Clare could have beaten us by more and that we should have been beaten by Tipp too isn’t it? We played for 15 minutes against Tipp and Clare had a lot of wides last week. Something tells me that Limerick won’t be so generous.
Limerick got a goal at the end of the Clare match to bring it back to 1? Tipp dominated the majority of the match in Thurles last week?

Limerick got a goal at the end of the Clare match to bring it back to 1? Tipp dominated the majority of the match in Thurles last week?
Both true. But, we’ll have to play a lot better to beat them than they’ll need to play to beat us. If we put in the same performance on Sunday as we did against Clare and Tipp we’ll be out of the championship on Sunday evening.

We need a bigger improvement than they do in my opinion.

Both true. But, we’ll have to play a lot better to beat them than they’ll need to play to beat us. If we put in the same performance on Sunday as we did against Clare and Tipp we’ll be out of the championship on Sunday evening.

We need a bigger improvement than they do in my opinion.
I agree. Limerick haven’t got going at all this year and will be buzzing around the place Sunday. We’ll need two goals minimum to win

It will take something massive for us to even get close to Limerick. We will need everything to go right. We didn't quite get the rub of the green v Clare. We had some luck against Tipp (in that they didn't hammer us out the gate). Waterford, who knows.
This team is due putting together a decent performance (as are Limerick it has to be said) we will need every bit of it and more.

If It was the pairc i would say maybe but it’s in limerick and only Clare enjoy playing there. I think we are going to see hegarty in god mode and we are going to get thrashed

Hopefully the management can instil a nothing to lose mentality mashed with a savage workrate on Sunday and not be found wanting on the line to make the necessary changes if and when needed.

Do all of the above and we have a squeak if Limerick continue to play as they have so far.

Tipp and clare were better than us
Correct, but we lost the two games combined by a point, and you could see exactly where we need to improve in both games. Theres no way either of those matches was the ceiling of performance for this team, theres a lot more there that needs to get out and a fight in us now that wasnt there before. The starting team gives us the best chance this weekend.. we are underdogs but who knows what we can pull off

Rebels Abu 🇲🇨🇲🇨

If It was the pairc i would say maybe but it’s in limerick and only Clare enjoy playing there. I think we are going to see hegarty in god mode and we are going to get thrashed
BS
We've beaten them there in round robin, it's not a venue that intimidates Cork one bit.
Actually think the venue is fairly irrelevant here.

I agree with those who say we'll need to really up our game from the level v Clare.
Even Limerick playing as they did v Tipp will require a phenomenal effort from our lads.
No doubt at all that they don't need eegits such as me to point that out though.

If you compare both of our results v the same teams you'd say that they expended a massive amount of energy to achieve the same 3 points.
Hoping that Tipp game took more out of them than the Clare game took out of us!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jeito Moleque
The Kino, Washington Street West

12th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼