Your Mental Health

Problem is that a lot of GPS have very little understanding of mental health. My own GP is best I ever came across at sorting out physical ailments but was clueless when I discussed mental health.

A good psychiatrist worth their weight in Gold.
My childhood doctor was excellent at mental health. I should add I saw him on and off long term till he retired.
The ones I have now just refer you

I waited 3 and a half years to see a psychologist. He made a 'joke' about one of his patients drinking weed killer trying to kill himself. I was absolutely disgusted. I refused to see him again. Manky shit
I got jumped one night coming up Barrack Street, I had broken ribs, a gash to the face from a Stanley knife, and 2 front teeth kicked in.
A psychiatrist found me lying there and said 'my god, whoever done this needs help'.

I waited 3 and a half years to see a psychologist. He made a 'joke' about one of his patients drinking weed killer trying to kill himself. I was absolutely disgusted. I refused to see him again. Manky shit
From what I can gather, there are a people on meds for the medium to long term which are prescribed by their GP but who are not, for whatever reason, probably a lack of resources, engaging with any higher level mental health supports, i.e. either a psychologist or psychiatrist, the meds work best in conjunction with talk therapies afaik.

From what I can gather, there are a people on meds for the medium to long term which are prescribed by their GP but who are not, for whatever reason, probably a lack of resources, engaging with any higher level mental health supports, i.e. either a psychologist or psychiatrist, the meds work best in conjunction with talk therapies afaik.
I was prescribed by a psychiatrist. The public health system is a joke though.

Presumably it's not the easiest to get an appointment with a psychiatrist in this country of ours.
Reading these replies I feel blessed that the system in Germany got me sorted out and quickly. The first psychiatrist I went to see spent an hour going through 4 pages of questions and did the same 3 weeks later to compare. Really thorough.
Sad state of affairs in Ireland unfortunately.

I have not seen a psychiatrist for many years but if I pick up the phone to make an appointment I wouldn’t be waiting longer than 3 weeks.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Robot Dreams (G)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼