Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Here is a suggestion for you lads that are hoping to park city centre and walk across.
Get off at the dooradoyle exit. When you come to the roundabout drive straight on across it.
About a mile on dead straight you will come to punchs Cross
You can turn right before it which brings you down by the train station
Turn right at punchs will put you in o connell avenue or straight on will bring you to the Dock road. Never any real traffic once you cross the roundabout
TAN
Your gonna get lads arrested now drive straight across a roundabout
Being serious though with Clare being very consistent against Limerick the last few years . Do you see it as going man to man and physically putting it up to them? Or what would you do in our case on Sunday to get a result?

Here is a suggestion for you lads that are hoping to park city centre and walk across.
Get off at the dooradoyle exit. When you come to the roundabout drive straight on across it.
About a mile on dead straight you will come to punchs Cross
You can turn right before it which brings you down by the train station
Turn right at punchs will put you in o connell avenue or straight on will bring you to the Dock road. Never any real traffic once you cross the roundabout
I live down that road that is a mile long twicey. Bottom of the road is childers road and a lidl. Handy place to park tbh if not Go straight up to punch cross and its still a 45 min walk to the gaelic grounds .but plenty of side streets on the way into town to park up and shorten the walk. Guards will be out from town to gaelic grounds so no chance of parking on that side but still Long stroll for people natter where you end up. Anyone want to park in my gaff and walk to the ground with me is more then welcome

80 yards out? Dalton all day long
About August 2015 fine evening, Imokilly V's Ballyhea. A young Declan Dalton was in goals where they won a free out from inside 21 yard line and he put over an unbelievable point from that distance. I think Kilworth Pitch is a little short but still it was off the walls and I think he shortened his hurley since outside of that night with a goalie hurley where he ain't putting over sidelines from just past midfield line no more either. Horgan at a cool age of his career but Dalton has got that bottle in him to execute a winning score or sharpness to pull a fast one on Cusack cleaning his boots and would have him all day on frees long or short.

About August 2015 fine evening, Imokilly V's Ballyhea. A young Declan Dalton was in goals where they won a free out from inside 21 yard line and he put over an unbelievable point from that distance. I think Kilworth Pitch is a little short but still it was off the walls and I think he shortened his hurley since outside of that night with a goalie hurley where he ain't putting over sidelines from just past midfield line no more either. Horgan at a cool age of his career but Dalton has got that bottle in him to execute a winning score or sharpness to pull a fast one on Cusack cleaning his boots and would have him all day on frees long or short.
Yeah I remember him in a county v Kildorrery in a intermediate final . He took 2 sidelines from his own half and put them over the bar incredible stuff that was 5 years ago . He has undoubted skill please god Sunday we will see his full aray

Only got around to watching the Sunday Game now. In that clip used by Jackie Tyrell to highlight good distribution from Joyce. Its a camera angle from behind the goals showing the Kingston point. What stood out was that Hayes made a brilliant run and was through on goal if Horgan had seen him and passed inside. Hayes started the move with a hand pass. Similar to his role in the goal v Tipp. Maybe hes a man to start this weekend as weve surely learned by now that having Horgan, Harnedy, Lehane, Cahalane and Fitzy up front aint going to deliver enough.

It feels like we could be missing something when we persist with the narrative that Waterford (who had come close to Limerick at that point) were bad, Tipp got caught by an inferior team, and Clare almost threw it away. It's like none of those results had anything to do with Cork.

In truth we absolutely dominated periods of all of those games. If we can make that dominance stick we might be a more serious force than we're given credit for. There is huge potential here. And all year, it's kind of felt like we're finally on the verge of something big.

Many of these Cork lads will have to play better than we've ever seen them play at Senior inter-county level. But for the first time in a while, we know that they have that improvement in them. Winning AI's always involves beating champions, and/or beating teams that are their equal. It always involves believing that you're the best team in the country. While we haven't yet seen Cork play like the best team in the country, you just get the feeling that they can, and sooner or later, they will.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Hollyz

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼