Cyclists

Yes, make parking in car parking spaces mandatory and no point building any more until this is enforced by law..............
View attachment 21275
View attachment 21276
View attachment 21277
View attachment 21278
View attachment 21279

I'd have no problem at all in saying each and every one of those transgressors deserve a parking ticket. TBH I just can't understand their complete disrespect for other road users.

The big difference seems to be though, while motorists that I know agree that those who break the rules and throw their car where they like deserve to be fined, cyclists don't seem to want cyclists who break the rules of the road to be fined.

I'd have no problem at all in saying each and every one of those transgressors deserve a parking ticket. TBH I just can't understand their complete disrespect for other road users.

The big difference seems to be though, while motorists that I know agree that those who break the rules and throw their car where they like deserve to be fined, cyclists don't seem to want cyclists who break the rules of the road to be fined.
Spot on

You are giving out about cycle lanes on Coburg St that are not even there and the city is by-passed East-West. (North Ring-South Ring)

It has been "bedlam" there for years as cars/parking/all day car storage dominated and schoolkids dodging heavy traffic.

View attachment 21284

By-passed East-West North Ring :oops: - oh spot the loony who hasn't an idea of Cork City traffic flow. Good luck trying to move from the western suburbs to the eastern suburbs using the "North Ring" road :rolleyes:

By-passed East-West North Ring :oops: - oh spot the loony who hasn't an idea of Cork City traffic flow. Good luck trying to move from the western suburbs to the eastern suburbs using the "North Ring" road :rolleyes:
Also correct. It crosses the river at the Christy Ring Bridge and nowhere else. At no stage is it connected to the South Ring Road. We need a proper Ring Road starting at Ovens and ending at Dunkettle.

From the horses mouth

No one is using them.

Wellington Road/St Lukes is going to be a nightmare by the time they've finished ballsing up MacCurtain Street.

Also correct. It crosses the river at the Christy Ring Bridge and nowhere else. At no stage is it connected to the South Ring Road. We need a proper Ring Road starting at Ovens and ending at Dunkettle.

Coming in the western road and down the dyke you're funneled into a single lane that snakes along Prospect Row and Bachelors Quay. You can go left over NG bridge but that just brings you up Shandon Street and is pretty unsuitable for heavy traffic. Alternatively it's on up past the bridewell and OpraHouse Quay over CR Bridge and eventually up into the North inner-ring road which is a dose. Traffic from say the Kingsley in the West to Silversprings in the East could take you anything from half an hour to an hour using the North Ring Road.
In fact, if you use google maps the suggested route from the Kingsley to Silversprings is to use the south ring and come back in from the dunkettle roundabout - that's how much of a mess travelling West-East on the North Ring is!

1684772311101.png

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sprints
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

25th Apr 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼