the official betting thread.

^^ withdrawn at start, stake refunded (Shame because he was well backed in the market)

Anyway, Bal 105.2

0.5 pts EW 3.45 Chester - Commander Straker @ 6.5 paying 5 places Sky bet(no BOG from sky, but they have an extra place which is why I'm playing with them)

Bal 104.2
Withdrawn after somebody whispered to him that Donny from Noels had backed him and he did a bumnal.

Bal 105.2

1 pt EW 2.25 York, Dakota Gold 11/1 365 paying 6 places

IF this fella does a runner I'm giving up betting on horses and going to the dogs instead.

Vinny Jnr is 5.0 with UnObet tonight m8s, and 4.75 with Quinn for those who can't be arsed with unObet letting you have 35 cents on it.

I really wonder about odds compilers sometimes. His stats are incredible, he was one of the best players on the pitch last week, if not the best, and every time I see him I think he will rival M'bappe and the Cyborg for best player in the world for the next decade. But, who cares, just continue to back him at ridiculous odds and profit.

Vinny Jnr is 5.0 with UnObet tonight m8s, and 4.75 with Quinn for those who can't be arsed with unObet letting you have 35 cents on it.

I really wonder about odds compilers sometimes. His stats are incredible, he was one of the best players on the pitch last week, if not the best, and every time I see him I think he will rival M'bappe and the Cyborg for best player in the world for the next decade. But, who cares, just continue to back him at ridiculous odds and profit.

Feels odd when the Betfair goal-line is pretty much bang on 3 goals.

That said, the high odds on Vini Jr (and Rodrygo @ 6.6) seems to be based on an expectation that City will come out on top at home and Real won't score more than one on the night.

If they're wrong, then the odds on those two look very generous.

1684327463098.png
1684327500827.png

Feels odd when the Betfair goal-line is pretty much bang on 3 goals.

That said, the high odds on Vini Jr (and Rodrygo @ 6.6) seems to be based on an expectation that City will come out on top at home and Real won't score more than one on the night.

If they're wrong, then the odds on those two look very generous.

View attachment 21127
View attachment 21128
Honestly I don't give two shits what the odds compilers think on this one. Vinnie Jnr is one of the best players in the world and the odds compilers are criminally under rating him in my book. As long as they do I'm happy to bet on him.

I definitely think I'm ahead of the market/odds compilers on this one.

To be fair, Vin Jr was made to look a proper 4/1 shot at Maine Road tonight.

It played out pretty much how the bookies / weight of money expected. City scoring 3+ and well worth the win.

Kyle Walker handled Vini Jr superbly and, in his defence, he had precious little supply line. Still managed to draw 3 fouls (of which I think 2 were yellows?).

Withdrawn after somebody whispered to him that Donny from Noels had backed him and he did a bumnal.

Bal 105.2

1 pt EW 2.25 York, Dakota Gold 11/1 365 paying 6 places

IF this fella does a runner I'm giving up betting on horses and going to the dogs instead

3.00 York - 1 pt Win, Highfield Princess 5/1 BV

Bal 102.2

Well, neither of them ran away at at least, so it's a win of sorts.

1 pt win Designer @ 5.5 365, BOG 1.50 York

Bal 101.2

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼