late late now

I wouldn't be surprised if RTE took this opportunity to axe the Late Late or at the very least dramatically change the format.

It's a failing organisation and their flagship show has gone to absolute shit. I'd imagine it's viewer base is older people who are dying and not being replaced by younger people.

What young person wants to spend their Friday night sitting at home watching Francis Brennan fold bedsheets and listening to Sharon Shannon play the squeezebox?

I wouldn't be surprised if RTE took this opportunity to axe the Late Late or at the very least dramatically change the format.

It's a failing organisation and their flagship show has gone to absolute shit. I'd imagine it's viewer base is older people who are dying and not being replaced by younger people.

What young person wants to spend their Friday night sitting at home watching Francis Brennan fold bedsheets and listening to Sharon Shannon play the squeezebox?
You?

It’s still a big earner for them in terms of advertising. On RTÉ, apart from Sport, the late late show and programmes about doing up houses are ratings winners.

Also bought in formats like strictly come dancing. Nine of the top ten most watched broadcasts last year on Irish terrestrial TV were sports: Football, Rugby, Hurling, and Soccer, in that order. Number one was the Late Late Toy Show.

It’s still a big earner for them in terms of advertising. On RTÉ, apart from Sport, the late late show and programmes about doing up houses are ratings winners.

Also bought in formats like strictly come dancing. Nine of the top ten most watched broadcasts last year on Irish terrestrial TV were sports: Football, Rugby, Hurling, and Soccer, in that order. Number one was the Late Late Toy Show.
Why are you confusing us with facts

Tubs to make a run for President?

Would he take the paycut?
The President's budget is unlimited. As a President wife pointed they are required to give 2.5k to everyone who reaches 100. As the president said how do we know how many people will reach 100 every year
Also presidents might go to foreign funerals which can be a cost and just taking an example Michael D cost to go to Castro funeral was 45K and was done with as many cutbacks as possible on the trip.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
NewEra
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

3rd May 2024 @ 11:00 pm
More info..

Garron Noone

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼