Stephen Kenny Reign

I'm not blaming Kenny; in some ways what's he trying to do, play constructive and fluent football, is admirable. As a nation, association football just isn't our thing. We don't play it with any flair, invention or even with decent organisation or ability. Take foreign-born players who declare for us out of the equation and we are really dragging near the bottom. We're hoping that Evan Ferguson will be a Harry Kane for us when he might just end up being a Garry Birtles instead. We should be capable of being better but we never are. Don't know why..

Congratulations, you just described international football in general.
👍🙄....you keep believing that, I suppose you didnt watch the World Cup because of the 95% dross...I was referring directly to Irelands performances/results under Kenny, the 'fanboys' highlight the 5% and expect everyone else to tow the line and forget the rest...and I wont even mention his jumping around celebrating any goal we score, I suppose beggars can't be choosers...DUNFERMILINE KNEW

👍🙄....you keep believing that, I suppose you didnt watch the World Cup because of the 95% dross...I was referring directly to Irelands performances/results under Kenny, the 'fanboys' highlight the 5% and expect everyone else to tow the line and forget the rest...and I wont even mention his jumping around celebrating any goal we score, I suppose beggars can't be choosers...DUNFERMILINE KNEW

Wot

The doom and gloom merchants would want to get a grip.

I'm headed up to the game on Monday. Expecting a loss but hope springs eternal.

In more of a positive mood than after the last Irish game I went to which was the abysmal nations league draw with Denmark under Martin & Roy,
I’m heading up with the young lads as well. Our last game up there was also v Denmark - the 1-5 Eriksen drubbing.

I’m no more pessimistic than any of the last few campaigns- plus we usually manage to raise our game for the big guns, the above 1-5 and the 1-6 against Germany under Trap notwithstanding. France are a tasty prospect and it’s rare that such a class outfit come to town.

Season ticket for this campaign was excellent value - France, Netherlands, Greece and Gib plus two friendlies- all for under €200

The doom and gloom merchants would want to get a grip.

I'm headed up to the game on Monday. Expecting a loss but hope springs eternal.

In more of a positive mood than after the last Irish game I went to which was the abysmal nations league draw with Denmark under Martin & Roy,

I’m heading up with the young lads as well. Our last game up there was also v Denmark - the 1-5 Eriksen drubbing.

I’m no more pessimistic than any of the last few campaigns- plus we usually manage to raise our game for the big guns, the above 1-5 and the 1-6 against Germany under Trap notwithstanding. France are a tasty prospect and it’s rare that such a class outfit come to town.

Season ticket for this campaign was excellent value - France, Netherlands, Greece and Gib plus two friendlies- all for under €200
Fair play, hope ye enjoy and we get a half decent result.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jeito Moleque
The Kino, Washington Street West

12th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

THE TAN JACKETS

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11:50pm

More events ▼