Cork Minor Hurling 2023

Disgraceful decision to play that game. What is the fucking obsession with getting all the games wrapped up before the decent weather even arrives. It's lunatic stuff.
Very early to be playing Munster Championship alright. Might be linked with exams but no U17 doing Leaving Cert so shouldn't be an issue.

Very early to be playing Munster Championship alright. Might be linked with exams but no U17 doing Leaving Cert so shouldn't be an issue.
Personally I hate it. Think they have gone too far too quickly. Middle of August would give ample time to finish club competitions and take a bit of pressure off this crazy rush to wrap championships up before July is out. Munster Championship in April leaves me cold both literally and metaphorically.

I’m from the football area of Galway so would know little personally about our underage hurlers but I work with a guy who is involved with the underage hurling development squads and he is convinced this years team will win the minor All Ireland.
Was there an u16 All Ireland competition played last year? Arrabawn cup I think it used to be called?

I saw the Galway U-16s last year, they defeated Cork in the Arrabawn but lost to Limerick in the final. Cork were missing a few players though, Galway lost a challenge to Cork in Charleville a few weeks before competition and Aaron Niland (Evans brother) was easily Man of the Match. I believe they will be in the mix of 4 or 5 for the AI alright along with KK, Clare, Cork and Limerick. However they rely an awful lot on Niland.

Cork played Galway in Pairc a few weeks back and beat them by 3 or 4 points , Galway were missing 4 or 5 lads which includes Niland .Cork are going for size and have an obsession with it , no small neat nifty hurler anymore for hard sod in May . Cork will be strong though .

Spoke to a lad yesterday and not finalised yet but at a guess Midelton CBS harty team should have 3 or 4 on panel Carrig , Aghada, Midelton , Cloyne . Colmans Harty 1 lad kilworth , CBC 1 Barrs . Jayden Casey Youghal and Ben Walsh who played last year and duel player - Oier o Callagahan.
Ronan Dooley Douglas and Barry Flynn Sars . killeagh will have 3 on it . Charleville and Newtown 1 each . Glen maybe 1 .

Cork played Galway in Pairc a few weeks back and beat them by 3 or 4 points , Galway were missing 4 or 5 lads which includes Niland .Cork are going for size and have an obsession with it , no small neat nifty hurler anymore for hard sod in May . Cork will be strong though .
U16's gone for size as well.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

17th Apr 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼