The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Baird had a great 2nd half.

Sheehan is some athlete. Needs to improve the darts and he'll be the best hooker in the world

Very pleased for Sexton, got.it going in the 2nd half

Great performance from Aki and Gibson-Parke, Hansen and VDF

What a way for Sexton, Pete & Murray to end their 6 nations careers. Legends.
Spot on. Cian Healy too, some servant.

It's nice to win a grand slam but it won't count for a whole lot if today's opponents go further than us at the world cup.
Nonsence incase you had not known this Irish team beat New Zealand, Australia and South Africa. Andy Farrell has done a great job just like Joe Schmidt even if they don't win the world cup they have a trophy and tripple crown to their name. They should be very proud of themselves.

It counts for a lot all by itself.

If the side has progressed as much as we're being told then a quarter final exit isn't good enough.

Just more of the same.

I like Farrell, I think he's done a hell of a job but Im not subscribing to the collective jubilation. We've been down that road too many times.

Glad to hear them say this is just the beginning.

If the side has progressed as much as we're being told then a quarter final exit isn't good enough.

Just more of the same.

I like Farrell, I think he's done a hell of a job but Im not subscribing to the collective jubilation. We've been down that road too many times.

Glad to hear them say this is just the beginning.
I don't really care about the quarter final right now. There were enough shit years from when I started watching rugby to the early 2000s to not dismiss this as an achievement in and of itself. Whatever about the quarter final, that's for another day. Today is about the 4th grand slam ever, not won by a last minute drop goal but dominant performances in every match. All matches won by 13 points or more.
Today is a great day for Irish rugby. Maybe the quarter final will be, maybe not, but today is.

England with 15 players on the pitch could easily have won that.
Arland needed the refs help to avoid an epic bottle job in the making.

England played a decent enough second half a man down I thought.

15 a side and it could have been a very different game. But a red card was always going to be likely the way he caught Keenan.

Its great to win a grand slam and even moreso at home. Fair play to the players and management 👏.

Im not going to get carried away though, we have to be aiming to progress beyond a world cup quarter final.

Given the blazers form they'll give Farrell a new contract in the summer. 🙄

Good to get the win but tbh I think Ireland let the country down with that performance. We're lucky that England didn't capitalise more on our mistakes. Not sure what to make of Farrell, I think the IRFU need to have a serious look at him going forwards, he's not the man for us IMO.

France will be delighted at today's games. They didn't win the 6N but I'd say they're a lot more confident about their prospects in the world Cup. We'll do well to get past the quarters.

Surprised that Marcus Smith made no cameo for England. I'd love to know what the story is there.

All in all a bittersweet day
Are you on drugs?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Danny Ryan, Ray Harrington and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

20th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼