Far-Right Protests in Fermoy

Rationality goes out the window where anything to do with LGBT related matters are concerned.

Just because a child could find out how to use a crack pipe from 2 minutes on the Internet doesn't mean we should hand them a book giving them a full explanation, including dos and don'ts in the correct crack pipe smoking techniques.

Thats about the size of it.

The diehard 'tolerant' brigade are criminally stupid.

They'd accept any kind of twisted crap if there were a rainbow stuck on it.

Why would I go on a sleepover?

I think if an adult started talking to someone else's kids about blowjob techniques and the pleasure of prostate massage you'd quickly find out just how inappropriate this is.

Erra as per usual you're taking a totally indefensible position on a subject as your twisted moral compass thinks its permissible to be making this available to kids under the umbrella of lgbtq.

Pathetic, utterly pathetic.

Have you ever been on a sleepover, as in past tense. When you were a teen. Cos if you had you might have some notion of the ridiculous nature of the suggestion of parents calling the guards over something that is in no way illegal 🙄

As others have posted, if you dont want your kids to read this book, don't let them read it. Take personal responsibility for it, rather than trying to insist that no one can access the book because you disapprove of it.

Have you ever been on a sleepover, as in past tense. When you were a teen. Cos if you had you might have some notion of the ridiculous nature of the suggestion of parents calling the guards over something that is in no way illegal 🙄

As others have posted, if you dont want your kids to read this book, don't let them read it. Take personal responsibility for it, rather than trying to insist that no one can access the book because you disapprove of it.

Tell you what , take a copy of this book into mass on Sunday and tell us what your priest makes of showing this to 12 year olds.

Its frightening how much of a hypocrite you are 🙄

Wot.

The book shouldn't be available to 12 year olds.

Ye can perform whatever warped mental acrobatics ye like, it doesn't change that.

For pities sake, wtf is wrong with ye people?

The availability of the book is the responsibility of the kid's parents to decide this as they deem fit.

It is not a matter for a pack of political motivated yokels to saunter into the library, and dictate to society what can and cant be accessed by kids or adults of any age.

The availability of the book is the responsibility of the kid's parents to decide this as they deem fit.

It is not a matter for a pack of political motivated yokels to saunter into the library, and dictate to society what can and cant be accessed by kids or adults of any age.

As I've already said.

A polite , respectful e-mail is far more effective than any strong arm tactics.

Id like to hear in writing from Cork library why they think this book is suitable for 12 year olds.

Its caused quite a stir in libraries in the U.S. with lots of concerned parents wishing for it to be removed. The author John now Juno Dawson is no stranger to controversy.

Having seen the content I can well understand why.

Tell you what , take a copy of this book into mass on Sunday and tell us what your priest makes of showing this to 12 year olds.

Its frightening how much of a hypocrite you are 🙄
You don't seem to grasp the concept of personal responsibility at all. You are perfectly entitled to make decisions as you see fit for your kids. You are not entitled to make decisions for my kids, or anyone else's kids.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

You Spin Me Round: Cork World Book Fest

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼