the official betting thread.

6gGO2Yt.png

Did my placepot for Day 1 of Cheltenham. Probably fucked up the 2.50 with not adding Monbeg Genius or Fastorslow, but I was thinking of how high the multiplier was getting and not the amount of horses in the race.

This was a winner right?

I did a similar placepot today, first time every. Usually more of an each-way acca man.

Vinny Junior is even money with Paddy to score or be carded tomorrow.

That bet pays out in 10 of his 15 games since the restart, but also 10 of the last 12. He's scored and been carded in 4 of the last 12.

Only thing putting me off is the game state. Madrid get an early goal and the two teams play "lets not use that much energy for the next 80 minutes or so"

His fouls drawn are 3, 5, 5, 2, 3, 3, 10, 5, 2, 4, 6, 7, 3, 6, 7, 0

In contrast, the World cup he was fouled 7 times in 4 matches, and 5 of them were against Switzerland.

TAA and Milner both 5.5 to be shown a card. @Philby, who tends to cover for TAA when he doesn't track back or is too far forward to get there?

Edit, maybe not as TAA fouls as often as I ride Halle Berry.

Last edited:
This was a winner right?

I did a similar placepot today, first time every. Usually more of an each-way acca man.
It was. Absolutely shite payout (although I'll still take it.) I had literal pennies in it, but for the multiplier from my selection I wasn't getting much back.

I suppose it's to be expected when the day was heavy on favoured horses doing well. Maybe Cheltenham with it's lack of true plots, with some expected to do well horse generally placing, isn't the spot to be going in on Tote stuff.

9yYT5Pc.png

Threw up another one for today. 10p job.

TAA and Milner both 5.5 to be shown a card. @Philby, who tends to cover for TAA when he doesn't track back or is too far forward to get there?

Edit, maybe not as TAA fouls as often as I ride Halle Berry.

Usually it's Henderson, when he plays as the nominally right-sided midfielder in a 3. Or, if there's too much ground to make up, Gomez/Konate as right-sided CBs.

With Henderson & Bajcetic both out the line-up is anyone's guess though.

If Klopp sticks with 4-3-3 then the ones he trusts most are Fabinho, Milner & Elliott.

Unless Real score in the first half hour I could see a 4 striker formation (Salah, Jota, Gakpo, Nunez) at some point, if not from the start - with Milner & Fabinho give the enviable task of minding the fort.

Midfielders: Fabinho, Milner, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Elliott
Forwards: Firmino, Salah, Jota, Gakpo, Nunez, Carvalho

Scanning through the odds I'd reckon Milner @ 4/1 is the best bet, as he'll probably start and play 65+ mins.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sprints
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

25th Apr 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼