The next Government

Who will form the next government

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
'Estimates suggest the problem is worst in Northern Ireland, with around 1 in 40 individuals identified as officially homeless'

-BBC

Sinn Fein are in government there with 16 years. Sorry m8, but you're talking utter bollocks. They've no answers and 'let them have a go' isn't impressing the electorate.
We keep getting told that SF are in government in the north as though that's comparable with the Government as we know it in the Dail. It's not. In the north SF were one of 5 parties in government including SDLP, Alliance, DUP, and UUP. It was a very broad spectrum government with minimal numbers in the opposition to hold them to account. It would be akin in size to FF/FG/GP/SF/SD all being in government together here and just having the Healy Raes and Mattie McGraths speaking against them.

We keep getting told that SF are in government in the north as though that's comparable with the Government as we know it in the Dail. It's not. In the north SF were one of 5 parties in government including SDLP, Alliance, DUP, and UUP. It was a very broad spectrum government with minimal numbers in the opposition to hold them to account. It would be akin in size to FF/FG/GP/SF/SD all being in government together here and just having the Healy Raes and Mattie McGraths speaking against them.

Any government in the Republic nowadays must comprise of several parties to reach the numbers necessary to form a government.

Sinn Fein have proven disastrous in coalition in the north. Theres nothing to suggest they will be any different in our country.

When you have Leo saying he's "shocked" at how few under 40s own their own home and FF/FG TDS regularly have photo ops outside Penny Dinners you know they're clueless. Food bank usage has exploded on their watch. It's a disgrace.

Speaking of Penny Dinners I was amazed to see a huge queue formed outside of it the other day when I passed it about 12:30.

I'd say there were between thirty and forty people queuing and chatting three or four deep. They were mainly in their 20s, and the vast majority of those in the queue generally looked quite well dressed. This looked at least at first glance, didn't want to be staring at people who are down on their luck, very different to the clientelle that used to generally have to avail of that very old Cork charity going back to the 1880s and before.

Seems to be a reflection of modern life in Ireland. 😞

That Penny dinners is a joke. shes getting money thrown at her right left and centre but its normal people going in to be fed, not the homeless or the down and outs. Needs to be regulated better. She was on the secret millionaire and ended up not getting a cent! Says it all.

Speaking of Penny Dinners I was amazed to see a huge queue formed outside of it the other day when I passed it about 12:30.

I'd say there were between thirty and forty people queuing and chatting three or four deep. They were mainly in their 20s, and the vast majority of those in the queue generally looked quite well dressed. This looked at least at first glance, didn't want to be staring at people who are down on their luck, very different to the clientelle that used to generally have to avail of that very old Cork charity going back to the 1880s and before.

Seems to be a reflection of modern life in Ireland. 😞
:rolleyes:

Based on current seats. no poll puts SF in government.
It will be FG FF +.

The question is who the + will be. I would hope based on the polling it won't be the Greens.

Tis a pity that the thread poll can't be reset. Twould make interesting reading.

Any government in the Republic nowadays must comprise of several parties to reach the numbers necessary to form a government.

Sinn Fein have proven disastrous in coalition in the north. Theres nothing to suggest they will be any different in our country.

That's de facto claiming ALL of the major political parties (including SDLP, DUP, UUP, and Alliance) have proven disastrous in coalition in the north. :ROFLMAO:

That Penny dinners is a joke. shes getting money thrown at her right left and centre but its normal people going in to be fed, not the homeless or the down and outs. Needs to be regulated better. She was on the secret millionaire and ended up not getting a cent! Says it all.

Think you're being harsh there Noah. CPD provide a good service for many decades (poor Stacey doesn't seem to grasp the concept) to people who have fallen on hard times. It looks like there's a different demograph now availing of the service which I think is a reflection of the way society has gone.

And FF/FG have been a roaring success in coalition have they? Record homelessness. Record National debt. Record hospital waiting lists. A broken housing market. Rampant corruption. Zero accountability. Coveney went up North and pissed off after a bomb threat. It's a different planet trying to deal with the DUP etc.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Noughty Club Night

The Pavilion, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼