Elon Musk buys Twitter

Jesus fucking christ.

If he wasn't the wealthy owner of the company, he'd be on his fucking arse on the pavement outside by now.

The only thing that allows him to treat other people like that is his wealth. Imagine the CEO of Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon, or any other listed company doing this.
Highly leveraged.

Imagine Bill Gates or Steve Jobs wallowing in this muck 24/7 and repeatedly damaging all their brands, clients, advertisers, investors and end users?

It's worse than that.

The guy is an entrepreneur who sold his business to Twitter to ensure his retirement and family's needs in the future were cared for. Why's that unusual, you may ask? Because the "disability" Musk so offhandedly dismisses is muscular dystrophy that's destroying the man's body every day he goes on. Not only that but it's the "good" form of muscular dystrophy seeing as the man made it past his teens.

There is a lot of cross over when it comes to the emotional traits of both.
It's not nearly as "out there" a comparison as you are believing.

It is even discussed in autism focussed material.

"So, let’s discuss the idea of “sociopath vs autism”. In my own experience working with individuals diagnosed with autism and others with antisocial personality disorder (ASPD), it is evident that certain traits overlap."

The article you referenced shows the lack of understanding in the comparison: I want to ensure that the message is not misconstrued here as there is a clear difference between an apparent lack of empathy and an actual lack of empathy.

The article you referenced shows the lack of understanding in the comparison: I want to ensure that the message is not misconstrued here as there is a clear difference between an apparent lack of empathy and an actual lack of empathy.

Empathy is just one aspect of it though.
The point I'm making is that there is often similarities between the emotional traits displayed by people with autism and those who have antisocial personality disorder (or a sociopath as they are more commonly referred to.) This is well recognised and doesn't in any way insinuate that anyone with autism is also a sociopath, that would obviously be ridiculous.

What Don said was "a lot of the emotional traits across those conditions are similar."
This is true.

Empathy is just one aspect of it though.
The point I'm making is that there is often similarities between the emotional traits displayed by people with autism and those who have antisocial personality disorder (or a sociopath as they are more commonly referred to.) This is well recognised and doesn't in any way insinuate that anyone with autism is also a sociopath, that would obviously be ridiculous.

What Don said was "a lot of the emotional traits across those conditions are similar."
This is true.
Would it be more accurate to say the perception of social traits for those conditions are similar?

Edit: I say this because a lot of the autistic people I've met and known have been some of the most deeply caring people I've encountered.

Would it be more accurate to say the perception of social traits for those conditions are similar?

Edit: I say this because a lot of the autistic people I've met and known have been some of the most deeply caring people I've encountered.

Yeah that is probably a less harsh way of putting it.
It is important to say that while some of the outwardly behaviour might be very similar, what is at its root can be very different which I think is maybe what @Roundyfield was trying to highlight.
So apologies if I didn't articulate that properly.

Cheers Rebel bok.

You obviously have a much better understanding of it than I. Roundy obviously missed the part where I said my lay persons understanding of it.

Always looking for a fight that fella.

Last edited:
Elon has put his foot in it , picked a fight with a seemingly decent disabled chap.
Icelandic business man of the year 2019, voluntarily pays higher tax to the Icelandic state to support other disabled people (making him the second highest taxpayer in Iceland), he's leading a project to build 1,000 ramps for disabled people and Iceland's Person of the Year last year.

And he's been fired in a way that is almost certainly illegal (no comms about it for 9 days, just shut off systems access)

Yeah, this is going to cost Musk an awful lot of money.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼