Fitzgibbon/Sigerson

have to laugh at Foley's mindgames from 2.25.00 onwards, before the pens he doesnt stand with his own penalty takers, instead he stands with the opposition and engages in "banter" with them,
Foley channelling his inner Emi Martinez.
Just missing the phallic gesture afterwards.

Hitting the St. Mary's player on the head with the ball is a new one.
I see one of the St. Mary's players went in to have a word with him after one penalty but it cuts straight to a replay.

Me foolish watched the game last night and thought it was Mary I they were playing,never heard off St Mary's. Foley in goal and Sean Merritt could be worth a try during the league. Its been a long time since i saw the cork lads carry the kerry lads.

Clancy will be full back. Far superior at this point in time to DOM (who has potential and would be ok in the corner).

Clancy will need a league campaign to get back up to speed. But come championship he’ll the key man for us in defence.
Only way Clancy plays full back, if Cork, which is a possibility after last Sunday, start parking the bus and he has plenty protection in space around him - has struggled on smaller, faster players in space - fine in close quarters if plenty bodies around, can use his strength then

Last edited:
Me foolish watched the game last night and thought it was Mary I they were playing,never heard off St Mary's. Foley in goal and Sean Merritt could be worth a try during the league. It’s been a long time since i saw the cork lads carry the kerry lads.
It was a fairly average UCC team that beat a very average Mary’s. They have a good draw in the semi now, as good as it can be now. Cathail O’Mahony is the best player by a long way.

Hartnett should on the Cork setup as he is a good option for an area are fairly limited in but otherwise I’m not so sure anyone overly stood out, aside from O’Mahony in spurts.

It was a fairly average UCC team that beat a very average Mary’s. They have a good draw in the semi now, as good as it can be now. Cathail O’Mahony is the best player by a long way.

Hartnett should on the Cork setup as he is a good option for an area are fairly limited in but otherwise I’m not so sure anyone overly stood out, aside from O’Mahony in spurts.
For the talent UCC have on paper they have underperformed in every game. You would expect more from them and definitely won’t do in the semis or final should they get there

Me foolish watched the game last night and thought it was Mary I they were playing,never heard off St Mary's. Foley in goal and Sean Merritt could be worth a try during the league. Its been a long time since i saw the cork lads carry the kerry lads.
used to be known as Mary's TC-the teacher training college in Belfast, aka the Ranch, it is a small college-much smaller than UCC or UCD I would say but always competitive in the Sigerson, won it as recently as 2017 beating UCD in final.

UCC Freshers beat MTUC last night as well. 2.23 to 1.10. Teams. UCC qualify for the knockout stages. MTU Cork face SETU Waterford away next week and need to win to reach quarters.

20230203_083226.jpg

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Io Capitano (15A)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

29th Apr 2024 @ 8:05 pm
More info..
More events ▼