Training Run Times

Jimmy, how long ya been running now? I know you had an injury or two but you have a decent base at this stage so if you stay healthy and up the training without going mad, you'll see some good improvements over a number of distances. Fellas at our level, the most important thing by a long stretch is consistency. Keep at it and in a few years time you might be surprised!

Jimmy, how long ya been running now? I know you had an injury or two but you have a decent base at this stage so if you stay healthy and up the training without going mad, you'll see some good improvements over a number of distances. Fellas at our level, the most important thing by a long stretch is consistency. Keep at it and in a few years time you might be surprised!
3 years at it now, good base now, certainly stronger and more consistent now, looking forward to dungarvan.

Nice progress Jimmy. How are you getting on Carmona? Smurf? Terrier? Honky? Any of the rest of ye?

I was struggling to make any progress running so started a 24 week rowing plan. I’m just about to start week nine and the benefit of this, for me, is my chest isn’t being fawked by cold air and, as a result, I can see tangible improvements week on week. I even half thought about joining a rowing club to see what rowing on the water was like but I copped myself on fairly quickly. Passed a lifetime of 2,000,000m the other week but that’s since I first bought it years ago.

Emboldened by my progress, I decided to try running again this week, settling on week four of a couch to 5k (don’t judge me lol) and forcing some consistency onto my training and so far so good.

Taking on a completely new Challenge on March 11th up in Omagh.Its a 24 hour endurance thing around a 400 meter running track.Theres a 12 hour and for the complete Lunatics a 48 hour event too.Basically i will start running at 18:00 on Saturday and try and clock up as many miles as possible by 18:00 Sunday.I ran the 100k in Tralee last June in just under 13 hours so it will be interesting how many miles i can get.Will need a lot of things to fall right obviously but am going into completely unknown teritory with this one.

Taking on a completely new Challenge on March 11th up in Omagh.Its a 24 hour endurance thing around a 400 meter running track.Theres a 12 hour and for the complete Lunatics a 48 hour event too.Basically i will start running at 18:00 on Saturday and try and clock up as many miles as possible by 18:00 Sunday.I ran the 100k in Tralee last June in just under 13 hours so it will be interesting how many miles i can get.Will need a lot of things to fall right obviously but am going into completely unknown teritory with this one.
Incredible , some going.

I'll be running Dungarvan Sunday. Have yet to push myself at the 10 mile distance.
I've been doing some good track running but I've slacked in recent weeks on longer weekend runs.

I ran a fast 10km about 3 weeks ago so at the moment my plan of attack is try that pace again, my big fear is the adrenaline kicks in and push it 10% too much and I'm goosed after 5/6 miles.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Tony Milner

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼