Cork Footballers

Saw this programme from 1986 U21 AI Football Semi Final against Tyrone.
Besides the well known names I see one of the subs was from Claddagh Rovers. I've never heard of them.
Anyone know anything about them?

A player from Redmonds on the panel too.

Attachments

• 20230201_234743.jpg
    20230201_234743.jpg
    559.6 KB · Views: 70
Besides the well known names I see one of the subs was from Claddagh Rovers. I've never heard of them.

Educated guess is it should be Clyda Rovers but something was lost in translation.

It's supposed to be Clyda Rovers. Cormac O Sullivan played midfield for them when they won the Intermediate county in '96

Am I reading this right?
2023 All Ireland sfc(after the provincial stage)
4 groups of 4 teams ie 24 matches just to eliminate 4,
12 go to ko stage, then 4 prelim qfs, 4 qfs, 2 semis and final,
https://www.gaa.ie/football/news/2023-all-ireland-sfc-format-explained/
a possible banana skin for Cork is that if we finish 3rd from bottom in D2 and Westmeath dont get promoted from D3 then we are in the Tailteann Cup and not in the Sam Maguire. Westmeath lost their first match to Cavan but are likely to be competing with Down and Offaly I guess at the top end. Tipp, Longford, Antrim and Fermanagh are the other teams. I guess if we cannot beat Clare and Limerick in both league and championship then Tailteann Cup is where we belong.

Am I reading this right?
2023 All Ireland sfc(after the provincial stage)
4 groups of 4 teams ie 24 matches just to eliminate 4,
12 go to ko stage, then 4 prelim qfs, 4 qfs, 2 semis and final,
https://www.gaa.ie/football/news/2023-all-ireland-sfc-format-explained/
a possible banana skin for Cork is that if we finish 3rd from bottom in D2 and Westmeath dont get promoted from D3 then we are in the Tailteann Cup and not in the Sam Maguire. Westmeath lost their first match to Cavan but are likely to be competing with Down and Offaly I guess at the top end. Tipp, Longford, Antrim and Fermanagh are the other teams. I guess if we cannot beat Clare and Limerick in both league and championship then Tailteann Cup is where we belong.
I don’t think Westmeath going up in the league makes a difference it’s more say if we finish 6th we would hope for as many division 1/2 teams to be in the provincial finals and wouldn’t want division 3/4 teams in there( presuming we don’t make Munster final. So 16 places 2 will go to Westmeath and a weak Connaught side like Sligo/ Leitrim then best case is the remaining 7 provincial finalists are division one or 2 that leaves 7 league places so a team finishing 6th in division 2 would get into Sam , if a lower team say Cavan got to ulster final then only 5th in division 2 would go through, if say Cavan and Louth reached a Leinster final then could be case not even 5th place in division 2 would be in Sam

There's a player listed as being from 'Glenmire' also. I've never heard of them. Are they defunct now?

There's a player listed as being from 'Glenmire' also. I've never heard of them. Are they defunct now?
They were the west side of Mahon.. but they’d a very good Minor A hurling team in the mid 80s & Frank Rocky disbanded the club under a technical infringement of rule 37B. Those minors went on to backbone the Rockies 4 in a row side and won 2 intermediate football with St Micks

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
SAL
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

28th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼