kileens anti social housing protests

lol love the Irish mentality. We've a terrible housing crisis, it's all FF/FG's fault.......but whatever you do don't build anything near me.....

Not quite as bad as the mentality of "Sinn Féin have never been in power here, and please God they never will, because it's all their fault" ;)

I don't know but I doubt a guy living in a corpo estate up by Vincents would have much interaction with a farmer from Glanmire tbh.

Tommy No Bobs Caughlan and Billy were great buddies. Maybe you've the two confused over their christian names. 🤷‍♂️

“The basic salary of a backbench TDis €105,271.”

I think some of the objections from the residents are their house will be devalued
increased traffic. the latter is not valid as the estate had previous planning for this extra houses.
as for devalued this may be true in the short term but with the mix of new residents this will give a richness to the culture in the area.

my choice would be that out of the 42 new houses 30 be given to those on the housing lists 2 for travellers 4 for Ukrainians and 6 for the new Irish such as those granted asylum and permission to stay in the country.

people like Michael Higgins fell that that integration of new Irish brings new richness to communities.
come on residents dont listen to the far right who are manipulating you.
Ken o Flynn might not approve?

“The basic salary of a backbench TDis €105,271.”

How long has Tommy Gould been a TD? Do you think he struck up a relationship with Billy Kelleher a prominent member of a rival party and oft outspoken critic of SF before or after BK became an exile in Brussels 🤷‍♂️

He may not have had a relationship with Billy but you know well politics is a game for most of them and i would certainly say they would have had a pint or two together,knowing both of them

He may not have had a relationship with Billy but you know well politics is a game for most of them and i would certainly say they would have had a pint or two together,knowing both of them

You could well be right but tbh I'd have thought both would have found more in common with other politicians. Maybe they shared a train back from the Dail together except BK ceased being a TD before TG became one.

As for politics being "a game for most of them" I don't think TG sees it as a game tbh.

But as I say, they may well be pals, it's just they're not two guys I'd have readily put together tbh

It may be for the best if social housing was means tested. This could help relieve the pressure on social housing.
Anyone on a salary of €105,000 a year should be paying “the average monthly rent” for the size house they are living in.

This could help those who in the past used to take only “the average industrial wage” be taken more seriously, and also disavow the notion that we should “look after ourselves alone,” or that we should “help our own first.”

It may be for the best if social housing was means tested. This could help relieve the pressure on social housing.
Anyone on a salary of €105,000 a year should be paying “the average monthly rent” for the size house they are living in.

This could help those who in the past used to take only “the average industrial wage” be taken more seriously, and also disavow the notion that we should “look after ourselves alone,” or that we should “help our own first.”

I thought they already were means tested. If they're not then I 100% agree with you that they should be.

I can see you are very fixated with one of the "they're all the same" ;) parties in particular but you should know that the aforementioned TG owns his own house so isn't paying "the average monthly rent" on it. And his party had given up the "average industrial wage" self-imposition ever before TG became a TD.

But other than that you're dead right 😂

Many people who have a political axe to grind will obviously try to interpret anyone who disagrees with them as being automatically "supporters of the other crowd."

I think politicians who take advantage of state funded sweetheart deals at the taxpayers expense are corrupt: whether that is buying a state asset at a price far below it's market value like a local authority house, or a stake in a stockbrokers company bought by a state owned bank during the financial crisis and then sold back to the management when the taxpayer has bailed it out.

Political activists benefiting from buying public assets at a lower than market value price just because they happen to be in possession of the asset is wrong. Public representatives complaining about a "sweetheart deal" when they themselves are beneficiaries of similar "sweetheart deals" are typical hypocritical grifter politicians, no matter what social class or political grouping they belong to or claim allegiance to. It's just barefaced lying. But as a former minister was caught out saying, "isn't that what one tends to do in an election campaign?" It's almost as bad as claiming that you don't have a bank account, or that the granting of a lucrative mobile phone licence was done in line with fair and open procedures.

They're all the same.

Many people who have a political axe to grind will obviously try to interpret anyone who disagrees with them as being automatically "supporters of the other crowd."

I think politicians who take advantage of state funded sweetheart deals at the taxpayers expense are corrupt: whether that is buying a state asset at a price far below it's market value like a local authority house, or a stake in a stockbrokers company bought by a state owned bank during the financial crisis and then sold back to the management when the taxpayer has bailed it out.

Political activists benefiting from buying public assets at a lower than market value price just because they happen to be in possession of the asset is wrong. Public representatives complaining about a "sweetheart deal" when they themselves are beneficiaries of similar "sweetheart deals" are typical hypocritical grifter politicians, no matter what social class or political grouping they belong to or claim allegiance to. It's just barefaced lying. But as a former minister was caught out saying, "isn't that what one tends to do in an election campaign?" It's almost as bad as claiming that you don't have a bank account, or that the granting of a lucrative mobile phone licence was done in line with fair and open procedures.

They're all the same.

So, according to Drucker who claims he "has no political axe to grind", the purchasing of ones house from the corporation, an offer the corpo made to its various tenants irrespective of their walk of life, is almost as bad as claiming they don't have a bank account (when Minister for Finance and guilty of taking digouts) or shady dealings in the granting of mobile phone licences

Seriously Drucker, if that's your idea of having "no political axe to grind" you're even more of a shill than Otto or Stacey.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Comedy Cavern : Kevin McGahern

Coughlan's, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼