Cork Footballers

Outsid of the 26 yesterday who else is on the panel at the moment, Fionn Herlihy, Paul Walsh, Paul Ring, Thomas Clancy, Darragh Cashman, Dano Dineen, Blake Murphy, Jack Cahalane, Tadgh Corkery, Damien Gore, David Buckley, Liam O Donovan , Liam O Connell...... WCG is that the panel do you know....
I Would love to see Brian Hartntt , Alan Walsh , Mark White involved..
Kevin Flahive and Daniel O Connell out long term.....John Cooper in the US.
Did Cooper not feature for CIT recently? Hartnett should be on the panel for certain and maybe even on the team.

In last year's championship, the team got a fair bit out of themselves with the ball and without it - with one major exception, i.e. competing for the ball, and especially retaining ball on our own KO (and more especially again in parts of the field where we could turn quickly into attack), which of course is much better understood by the management and players than by me. I attended yesterday's match, and yes of course it was disappointing. But I don't know all of what's going on with training and all that, and I'd be very hopeful. Clearly some things are being tried, with the knowledge that some of them will work and some of them won't - now's a good time to be finding out, and it won't be the worst thing in the world if the last few league matches are high pressure matches with a lot on the line.

Of course this is an opinion forum, and I'm not suggesting people should not express their opinions - indeed I find the opinions interesting and often informative. But don't get too low or too high at this time of year - it's January.
It’s not January any longer the way we would have thought about January before the new season structure came in.. it’s now March- April comparatively speaking… building form and momentum in a good run in the league is vital.. there will be much limited opportunity to try things out and fix things in challenge games during the spring and summer with the intensive program of very competitive league & then championship fixtures.

I’ve been defending yesterdays performance somewhat.. some elements were excellent & others terrible- what you’d expect in the 1st round of the league perhaps.. Hopefully they can get them sorted, we aren’t relegated and are ready to have a right proper 80min hop off that shower in the summer. Cork weren’t the only favourites to not win their first league game this weekend!!

Outsid of the 26 yesterday who else is on the panel at the moment, Fionn Herlihy, Paul Walsh, Paul Ring, Thomas Clancy, Darragh Cashman, Dano Dineen, Blake Murphy, Jack Cahalane, Tadgh Corkery, Damien Gore, David Buckley, Liam O Donovan , Liam O Connell...... WCG is that the panel do you know....
I Would love to see Brian Hartntt , Alan Walsh , Mark White involved..
Kevin Flahive and Daniel O Connell out long term.....John Cooper in the US.
Cathal Maguire is also training. iAll of the above is correct but must do recheck Thursday evening if you're leaving anyone out

Last edited:
West Cork Gaol...afaik Gore isnt involved this year. Walked away as he wasnt getting enough game time, plus his form with Kilmacabea hasnt been great for the past 18 months or so
You are probably correct, I thought he had a long term injury and would be available from April on but it wouldn't surprise me he walked. It's a pity as he was cork best forward of all the colleges in sigerson last year.

You are probably correct, I thought he had a long term injury and would be available from April on but it wouldn't surprise me he walked. It's a pity as he was cork best forward of all the colleges in sigerson last year.
He got plenty chances and didn’t nail it..
this is elite sport which is cruel.. I always think of this when I see someone mention an average underage graduate as a potential senior..

If Gore has stepped back then hopefully he can regroup and put guys in possession of jerseys ahead of him under pressure.
It would be good if he got his form going with his club again too as they are a club that came close to making that magic step up out of junior but now seem to be drifting. A scoring inter county forward in form should be the difference.

There comes a time when you’ve to cut your losses with a player. Having tried him enough times you don’t think he’s gonna quite make it so cut him and focus on others. Not saying gore is in that bracket but that’s the reality for quite a lot of players and will include a good few currently on the squad

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼