Sinn Fein are not a Normal Political Party

Rachel English utterly demolished him and he was not expecting that defenestration at that hour of the morning.

I do hope Moan O'Broins day got better after that...
Did i hear Rachel english say SF never submitted returns for the euro election campaign 2019 for matt carthy and lynn boylan?

Did i hear Rachel english say SF never submitted returns for the euro election campaign 2019 for matt carthy and lynn boylan?
That is what I heard as well.

Liadh Ni Riada expenses was also mentioned.

Moan O'Broin: S.F. non-submittal of expenses that have to be corrected 4 times now a mere "over sight"

Pascal Donohue money for posters explanation "just not good enough".........................."questions to answer" etc

High standards only apply to other parties.

Surprised they sent him out to bat - weren't he and his partner both forced to repay expenses they claimed without supporting evidence last year??
There was housing aspect to the interview so O Broin was on, id say he thought the interview would be all about
housing, Poor Mairead Farrell got a bit of a trolling following her ordeal with Pat Kenny,

Dismissed?
Do you mean asked and answered? I don’t dispute that many who voted for SF have major reservations about the wide open door policy of immigration under this government. I think there should be some controls myself.

What more do you want me to do for ya luv?
My argument always was the core traditional SF voting block(as opposed to membership) not being au fait with their policies outside of Brits Out. Recent events in Dublin and beyond are proving me right. And it's not just SF. Gino Kenny got ridiculed by former voters on some counter protest up there. I'd be fairly confident this is mirrored for most Left wing parties who enjoyed various levels of success during austerity and water protests. Immigration in the midst of a housing emergency is testing most peoples sensibilities and humanity. Don't fkn luv me! :)

There are immigration controls in place. As for “the majority of the people,” claim, would you like to back that up?
Where is the evidence for this?

We do have immigration control as well as free movement rights to live, study, work etc across the E.U.

I know that. I'm assuming from general conversations and shite I see online that people don't realise EU membership allows members free movement within, with little to no background checks(to my knowledge).

My evidence for the majority of people, well, I'm basing it on what I see and hear on various media outlets and again from conversations with friends and family, some of whom are, and some who are not, in my echo chamber). Also:
-Media outlets online have gone from ignoring protests to covering them, evidence IMO of growing concern and frustration among readership at perceived blackout.
-A simple listen to 96/Red FM any morning of the week and you will have plenty of debate on the issue with the vast majority against perceived priority for foreigners or just immigration in general
-Politicians avoiding the issue when it comes up. Not because they are afraid of supporting/opposing a cause, but because it's a divisive one. Tommy Gould was on the Late Debate on Radio 1 in December and East Wall came up. All guests tip toed around it. TG stated "lets not turn this into a political issue". How can it anything but? Any politician from affected areas who champions open borders is dust in any upcoming elections IMO.

So ya, granted, I don't have the results of any credible poll, but I am confident, going on the above, that the majority want some form of control at our borders. Maybe I need to change my Twitter filters and turn off NewsTalk.

My argument always was the core traditional SF voting block(as opposed to membership) not being au fait with their policies outside of Brits Out. Recent events in Dublin and beyond are proving me right. And it's not just SF. Gino Kenny got ridiculed by former voters on some counter protest up there. I'd be fairly confident this is mirrored for most Left wing parties who enjoyed various levels of success during austerity and water protests. Immigration in the midst of a housing emergency is testing most peoples sensibilities and humanity. Don't fkn luv me! :)

I know that. I'm assuming from general conversations and shite I see online that people don't realise EU membership allows members free movement within, with little to no background checks(to my knowledge).

My evidence for the majority of people, well, I'm basing it on what I see and hear on various media outlets and again from conversations with friends and family, some of whom are, and some who are not, in my echo chamber). Also:
-Media outlets online have gone from ignoring protests to covering them, evidence IMO of growing concern and frustration among readership at perceived blackout.
-A simple listen to 96/Red FM any morning of the week and you will have plenty of debate on the issue with the vast majority against perceived priority for foreigners or just immigration in general
-Politicians avoiding the issue when it comes up. Not because they are afraid of supporting/opposing a cause, but because it's a divisive one. Tommy Gould was on the Late Debate on Radio 1 in December and East Wall came up. All guests tip toed around it. TG stated "lets not turn this into a political issue". How can it anything but? Any politician from affected areas who champions open borders is dust in any upcoming elections IMO.

So ya, granted, I don't have the results of any credible poll, but I am confident, going on the above, that the majority want some form of control at our borders. Maybe I need to change my Twitter filters and turn off NewsTalk.
I have to agree with you on a very well worded post

My own belief is that much of this recent SF/IRA support is fickle and is mostly from those on the lower spectrum in society or young people who also believe all the easy answers that are constantly peddled
Of course we have this " house the Irish first " stuff going on and that there suggests mostly SF/IRA voters, as in those who are waiting on social housing.
This topic is one sticky one for all parties but it is going to cause huge issues in SF/IRA

This post is complete horseshit. Especially the last sentence which borders on right wing extremism.
I would have expected better to be honest. Perhaps you could explain what exactly you mean by “our own people?”

And it’s a rhetorical question. No need for a lengthy response about the whole “already here,” horseshit.

I heard on the radio that Ireland now is not satisfying its international obligations to house refugees. Which raises the question of If there's a legal obligation on this country's Government to house refugees from abroad, why is there no legal obligation on this country's Government to house people from this country as well? Or is it that people from abroad must be treated better than our own people already here?

Very straight forward Drucker - if it's legally incumbent on the Irish Government to provide housing for foreign nationals who come to Ireland for refuge, why on earth isn't it legally incumbant on the Irish Government to provide housing for Irish nationals who already are in Ireland?

Which words are you having difficulty with? Or do you think it right that an Irish Citizen should have to go to a foreign land and subsequently claim asylum back in Ireland before our Government should be legally bound to house them. Do you see no dichotomy?

Last edited:

I'm open to correction but afaik Albania and Georgia are not in the EU. Yet there seem to be quite a number of Albanians and Georgians (no missus, not the US state) working in Ireland. Nothing against them coming here per se (as long as they and all other imigrants obey the laws of this land), and there'll come a time when we will need the extra workers but at the moment we are absolutely swamped with imigrants and it means that there are insufficient houses for the more pressing cases, ie those fleeing war an persecution, as distinct from economic migrants who want to have a better life financially. And as a result there are hard cases of people only having tents to accomodate them now, which it seems contravenes our legal obligations to house immigrants.

So here we have a video of this " National Party "

At the end of it they are protesting on the Togher Road just before Supervalu heading from The Lough.

Now what was DOL's poster doing there, is he moving to another political party ?
This is going to cause issues for SF/IRA because it is their cohort:

I heard on the radio that Ireland now is not satisfying its international obligations to house refugees. Which raises the question of If there's a legal obligation on this country's Government to house refugees from abroad, why is there no legal obligation on this country's Government to house people from this country as well? Or is it that people from abroad must be treated better than our own people already here?

Very straight forward Drucker - if it's legally incumbent on the Irish Government to provide housing for foreign nationals who come to Ireland for refuge, why on earth isn't it legally incumbant on the Irish Government to provide housing for Irish nationals who already are in Ireland?

Which words are you having difficulty with? Or do you think it right that an Irish Citizen should have to go to a foreign land and subsequently claim asylum back in Ireland before our Government should be legally bound to house them. Do you see no dichotomy?
All the Irish people being housed in b&bs and emergency accommodation at the states expense are being housed. You know this. You are trying to incite hatred against immigrants by saying “house our own first.”

You know that everyone here has a legal entitlement to be housed if they turn up at emergency social welfare housing.

Yet again for the umpteenth time you are fake news. But you are also dangerous news.

Sad.

😞

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼