what book you reading at the moment? (incl poll)

Do you like to read books

• Total voters
Some serious snobbery towards sports books and biographies of sports stars here. Some of the best books I've ever read have been biographies.

Garrincha by Ruy Castro and A Strange Kind of Glory by Eamon Dunphy are magnificent.

Mick Foley the wrestler wrote two of his own biographies and they were brilliant reads too.

Some serious snobbery towards sports books and biographies of sports stars here. Some of the best books I've ever read have been biographies.

Garrincha by Ruy Castro and A Strange Kind of Glory by Eamon Dunphy are magnificent.

Mick Foley the wrestler wrote two of his own biographies and they were brilliant reads too.
First 'proper book' I ever read was a biography of Pelé when I was about 7 and it was brilliant.

With two smallies, work and everything else I find it impossible to read. If I try to read two pages before bed my mind will either have wandered by the end of the first paragraph and I'll have no idea was I just read and have to start again or I'll be asleep.

I drive a lot with work though so started listening to audiobooks a few years ago and it was a game changer.
I just counted there and I have listened to 79 audiobooks in the last three years!
Jesus I didn't realise it was that much.

Some recent highlights are Rob Delaney's A Heart that Works (be warned though if you have kids it will wreck you), The Storyteller by Dave Grohl and The Irrational Ape by David Robert Grimes.

I plan to get back to reading rather than listening when time permits.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Kenny Live!

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼