The Action Plan for Housing.

Most landlords I had were decent enough skins. This whole thing about paying a mortgage is a bit of a red herring though. If you manage to break even while you are paying a mortgage then at the end of it you now have a house for "free" (I use the term loosely but financially that is the position). Not a bad end result and more power to them for doing it.
That's an overly simplistic synopsis.

It relates to the financial side of it only & is accurate. If you feel it needs expansion work away.
Please Clarify,..... Most landlords I had were decent enough skins. This whole thing about paying a mortgage is a bit of a red herring though. If you manage to break even while you are paying a mortgage then at the end of
it you now have a house for "free" .

Are you talking about a landlord buying a place to rent out as an investment, or a home owner buying a place to live in, instead of renting?

So the only natural conclusion from this is that there should be no homes to rent then?
Mmmmkay
Read it again. We fought to own our own property.
But now we import faceless profit driven absentee landlords...mmm sounds familiar.
And no it's not really a home if you have to ask permission to hang a picture in what is, someone else's house.

Please Clarify,..... Most landlords I had were decent enough skins. This whole thing about paying a mortgage is a bit of a red herring though. If you manage to break even while you are paying a mortgage then at the end of
it you now have a house for "free" .

Are you talking about a landlord buying a place to rent out as an investment, or a home owner buying a place to live in, instead of renting?
A landlord buying to rent.

Factor in a volatile property market, tax, tenants not paying rent, repairs, tenants wrecking the property and general wear and tear, ROI can be very low, far, far from the easy return/investment you are making it out to be.
Never said it was easy, just made a statement of fact. If you can explain to me where I am inaccurate I will be happy to rectify.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Living Images (NC) [Baltic Film Festival]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼