Woke School Alert...

Can I ask do you have private health insurance?
I do. Employer pays for it for which I pay BIK. And am fully aware that I receive tax credita. Would much rather not needing it at all. And if the tax credits were reduced or eliminated to support Slaintecare and the public health service I’d fully support it.

He has a point though. You assumed I had a go at CBC and Pres because of a chip on my shoulder. And your posts do come across that as suggesting that people who don’t send their sons to either school are prioritising themselves. Most cannot afford the fees and even some that do can’t get their sons in because of the elitist admissions policy.
Don't worry about it CBC got 300 applications for first year last year so there are enough out there to pay their fees. Also there is no elitist admissions policy bar having the fee. They have two primary feeder schools, brothers of current pupils, brothers of past pupils, sons of past pupils

Last edited:
I do. Employer pays for it for which I pay BIK. And am fully aware that I receive tax credita. Would much rather not needing it at all. And if the tax credits were reduced or eliminated to support Slaintecare and the public health service I’d fully support it.

I think we'd all be in favour of a "free" system that could be as good (or indeed better) at the coalface than what we currently have. But until that day arrives, many people will pay (or be in the lucky position of having their employer pay) for private health insurance and/or private education. It's a similar principle imho.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Light and Shade

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼