Woke School Alert...

And I bet you posted that without a hint of irony too :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
He has a point though. You assumed I had a go at CBC and Pres because of a chip on my shoulder. And your posts do come across that as suggesting that people who don’t send their sons to either school are prioritising themselves. Most cannot afford the fees and even some that do can’t get their sons in because of the elitist admissions policy.

I did wonder about the chip you appear to have on your shoulder alright. ;)

Some people spend their money on expensive nights out, foreign holidays, fancy clothes, jewelry, cars etc. Others think it more important to make some sacrifices and try give their kids as good an education as they can reasonably afford. My wife and I fall into this latter category. There are more expensive schools but I'm happy to send my youngster to CBC.
Was it now, going on 20 years since you last set foot in a pub? A true hero dad, you are m8.

He has a point though. You assumed I had a go at CBC and Pres because of a chip on my shoulder. And your posts do come across that as suggesting that people who don’t send their sons to either school are prioritising themselves. Most cannot afford the fees and even some that do can’t get their sons in because of the elitist admissions policy.

I don't think there's ANY elitist admissions policy other than the fees tbh. People from all over the place go to CBC.

And sorry if it came across from my post that people are prioritising themselves over their kids - their kids also can benefit from nice foreign holidays, getting lifts to whereever in fancy cars, eating out in nice restaurants, have expensive gadgets too.

It's not a case of parents necessarily prioritising themselves over their kids. It's just imho a case of where you put your priorities. I'm one of those that happens to think that education is a gateway to success and family members doing without the finer things of life in order to be able to afford school fees are a sacrifice worth taking.

Other people dont. People are different SHOCKA!

I don't think there's ANY elitist admissions policy other than the fees tbh.

And sorry if it came across from my post that people are prioritising themselves - their kids also can benefit from nice foreign holidays, getting lifts to whereever in fancy cars, eating out in nice restaurants, have expensive gadgets too.

It's not a case of parents necessarily prioritising themselves over their kids. It's just imho a case of where you put your priorities. I'm one of those that happens to think that education is a gateway to success and family members doing without the finer things of life in order to be able to afford school fees are a sacrifice worth taking.

Other people dont. People are different SHOCKA!
It’s not that black and white though. I’m sure there are plenty of parents who want to send their kids private but cannot afford to. Suspect you’ll disagree but if I had my way all state supports for private education would be withdrawn and parents who choose it made to pay the full economic cost of fees.

The elitism in admissions I refer to is prioritising sons of past pupils. Accept many public schools have this also.

It’s not that black and white though. I’m sure there are plenty of parents who want to send their kids private but cannot afford to. Suspect you’ll disagree but if I had my way all state supports for private education would be withdrawn and parents who choose it made to pay the full economic cost of fees.

The elitism in admissions I refer to is prioritising sons of past pupils. Accept many public schools have this also.

Can I ask do you have private health insurance?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Frankie Boyle: Lap of Shame

Cork Opera House, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼