The Official PROC Restaurant review thread.

There's a chain of restaurants in Los Angeles called Café Gratitude that could, quite possibly hammer any place on the planet in terms of hole-uppery.

You can't just order your lunch or whatever. You have to listen to the whole fucking spiel first. Then the person serving you will tell you about what he/she/they are grateful for on that day.

Then you must order by saying shit like "I am grateful, I am humble" - that's the curry dish or "I am grateful, I am magical"- that's a bean burger.

I haven't witnessed it myself but I was told that sometimes the wait staff will sit down next to you and tell you about their life goals or the journey that they are on.

Imagine if someone pulled that sort of shit on you in the Tung Sing?!

For reference - https://cafegratitude.com/
Jaysis....

I was in a Michelin place in Amsterdam years ago and it started with a waiter coming to the table to "explain the concept of the restaurant" to us. Food was great, but really not worth the pretension.

Remember being in the Dam and food everywhere was desperate. Before the internet though so no recommendations. I got a steak in one place and it was just gristle. Very disappointing

Remember being in the Dam and food everywhere was desperate. Before the internet though so no recommendations. I got a steak in one place and it was just gristle. Very disappointing

The best food that I ate in Amsterdam on my last trip (2019) was in a breakfast/brunch place - Bakers and Roasters and in a craft beer brewery's taproom - Brouwerij De Prael.

The fancy restaurants that I ate in weren't a patch on them.

This might be my all time favourite review of anything!

Galway has gone way too far up its own hole in the last decade. Don't think you'd get away with shite like that for too long in Cork.

Very true! Sees itself as being progressive centre of arts and culture. Needs a good clatter across its collective face and get back to being a centre of decent bars and good place to get lucky with open minded foreign birds!!

Oscars seafood restaurant on Dominick Street would be my recommendation.

You also don't have to live with giving a cent to that annoying prick McMahon

yeah oscars nice spot.

call in to sheridan's wine bar on the way, it's an upstairs place, you can get a bottle of wine and a cheese plate in there with it.

Went to Iberian way with a few friends. The tapas there are excellent. Big portions: rather than sharing you could get two or three of them (8-12 euro each) as a meal in itself, good craic to share them though once the wine gets flowing. And the wine was truly excellent stuff. Got a bottle called ‘Mad Hairy Fella’ that everyone enjoyed (must be an own label or one adapted for the Irish market as the wine is Spanish)!

Went to Iberian way with a few friends. The tapas there are excellent. Big portions: rather than sharing you could get two or three of them (8-12 euro each) as a meal in itself, good craic to share them though once the wine gets flowing. And the wine was truly excellent stuff. Got a bottle called ‘Mad Hairy Fella’ that everyone enjoyed (must be an own label or one adapted for the Irish market as the wine is Spanish)!

I've mentioned this particular bottle over in The Wine Thread.

Mad Hairy Fella or El Goru from Ego Bodegas. It's not rebranded - that's their flagship red wine.

The 2019 is sumptuous - pours almost like jet-black ink. The 2020 is pretty solid as well. It's consistently in the top 10 in Curious Wines on the Tramore Road. About €15 a bottle but they do a region sale every month or so where there's 20% off all bottles from that country.

When Spain is on it you can get El Goru for about €12 and its big brother, the monster - El Goru 38 Barrels for a very reasonable price.

New Michelin star restaurants in Ireland

This one sounds like a place owned by, run by and frequented by utter cnuts.
They highlight how "prime ingredients are also the focus at Belfast's Blank", adding that "there is no menu – everything depends on what's fresh and in season".

New Michelin star restaurants in Ireland

This one sounds like a place owned by, run by and frequented by utter cnuts.

To be fair isn't that exactly what Goldie does. They write the menu each morning depending on what fresh fish is available

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jeito Moleque
The Kino, Washington Street West

12th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Light and Shade

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼