Russia's unjustifiable war of aggression in Ukraine

China, India, and south Africa are guilty of not giving a fuck and nothing else.

And if there wasn't a European and US led response which was basically co-ordinated because Ukraine is of strategic importance I doubt we would have given a toss either. That is the sad reality. Countries have interests not allies.

I get that it is never too late to do the right thing, but if you think this war will result the large powers intervening to stop larger countries walking all over smaller ones in future than that will only happen on a case by case basis depending on the country involved, so basically nothing will change.
IMO
Everything will change as a result of this war.
The response of the West is both remarkable and unprecedented. Not since WW2 have we seen a rogue nation faced down like this.
This will deliver a very important lesson to an even bigger rogue nation, China.

We are now at the rubicon and it's about to be crossed - Germany has decided to supply Leopards. US will supply Abrama. The West has decided to help Ukraine to win. Previously it was help so Ua would not lose.

This will mean the Ua will defeat Ru and Rule of International Law and respect for national sovereignty will be restored.

Rogue nations will think twice b4 invading smaller nations

The news of the day?

and some other news of the day:

Polish MoD:

It says:
Germany has already received our request to agree to the transfer of Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine. I also appeal to the German side to join the coalition of countries supporting Ukraine with Leopard 2 tanks. This is our common cause, because the security of the whole of Europe is at stake!

Dutch:

Polish source, reliable:

It says:
Finland, Norway and Spain have agreed to transfer their Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine as part of the coalition.

and some news from russia:

Last edited:
why was Germany dithering on sending the tanks

three reasons in my opinion

a reason number one (corrupted politicians and businessmen):

140311-putin-dc_wnriox

reason number two (moles and sleepers):

im-274250

a reason number three (pure espionage and building the influence over decades):

oleg-burov.gif

I lurked a bit into the russian boards to see what are emotions, here are some of my picks:

russian realist #1 and #2:
  • Leopards can be scraped up to 500 at most, but then the EU would lose 90% of its combat-ready tanks. At the same time, the level of motorized will have to be raised.
  • The number is not the most important thing here, the point is the very fact of transferring weapons and equipment to kill Russian soldiers with impunity. Yesterday himars, M777s, today tanks, and tomorrow what? Aircraft? 50, 500 or 2,000 tanks mean tens/hundreds/thousands of dead and wounded Russian soldiers and civilians.

russian realist #3 and #4 (total Z-ombies):
  • Threatening a nuclear attack is another red line. Yes, yes, yes, I can see that the old lines are really scared. It's one thing to blah, another to act in such a way that they understand. And so understood that they can even think about it. And all the bogeymen no longer work.
  • Well it sucks that they are no longer afraid. What can I say, this is what the last 30 years have led to.

russian realist #5 and the animal's answer (known nationalist, probably 'inspired' by some services):
  • Come on, let's not kid ourselves. We can't give NATO ultimatums. And neither can they. Well, this is the situation at the moment. Both they and we are well aware that even if tanks are followed by aircraft deliveries, no one will start a nuclear war because of that. They will deliver as many tanks as they deem necessary. Our opinion can in no way influence this decision
  • I agree. There will be all kinds of weapons except nuclear. We will fight until the Ukrainians run out.

There are also Fantasists #1 and #2:
  • Just think of it. The Winner Country [I think it's about the Russians], after more than 30 million casualties not long ago, gets tanks in [revenge]. [In the sense that not only did the Germans kill them 30 million, but now they will send tanks]. Does this seem normal to you? Not to me, no. And Germany should be punished.
  • We have to deal with Ukraine first. We can't get distracted by Germany beforehand. In fact, the Germans are just as much executors of the will of the Americans as the Ukrainians and are also expendable material for the states. It is simply not possible to deal with all of them at once.

And finally, my absolute favorite today - from a Russian turbo-patriot living safely in Germany - A.W.R. (at the end, underlined):
  • War is not about tanks against tanks. Most vehicles do not reach the line of contact at all. They get torn apart along the way. Arta is the star of this war, and air is the shield and star. All in all, it will infuriate everyone, even if the West gives up all the tanks.
  • They will create a tank fist with a certain number of tanks in some narrow area. And then the Poles and Americans will go to crew those tanks, not the Ukrainians.
  • I don't believe in Americans in tanks, I believe in Poles.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

4. They don’t like the idea of German and Russian tanks shooting at each other in Ukraine.

Who would think we would support giving German tanks to kill russians in Ukraine... right?
Edit: German-made tanks, majority supposed to be coming from other countries

why was Germany dithering on sending the tanks
Some commentators have suggested two main reasons :-

(1) Germany is still very sensitive to it's appalling conduct in WW2 and has had a very restrained view towards active supply of offensive weaponry in large conflicts (it believed until last year that good trade relations would lead to vastly decreased military conflicts - Ostpolitik)

(2) Germany believes that any support for Ua should be agreed between the Allies and was keen that US would also supply Heavy Tanks (The Abrams is not as suitable to Ua as the Leopard but US has likely agreed as a symbolic gesture to Germany rather than a practical solution)

Also Germans are by nature very methodical and cautious - Scholz seems to embody this.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Amigo The Devil
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

21st Jul 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Alan Fitzpatrick

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼