Cork city has gone to the dogs.

I did (obliquely) point to that case yesterday. Obviously not the sharpest tool in the box using his own car to get away from an armed robbery, but Solicitor, Frank Buttimer (who else :rolleyes: ) said the accused had been on a disability allowance and was now in custody.

“He has certain medical difficulties of a psychiatric nature. (No sh*t Sherlock! What he did was depraved).

"I would ask that all necessary medical treatment be made available to Mr Magee in custody,” Mr Buttimer said.

Medical treatment is made available to all remanded in custody. Buttimer is just trying to peddle the "Ah shugawneyhelpus the accused has issues of his own and had a tough life so he had" routine. He beat an 87 year old inoffensive man to death in a hospital ward. That's about as low as one can go FFS!

I did (obliquely) point to that case yesterday. Obviously not the sharpest tool in the box using his own car to get away from an armed robbery, but Solicitor, Frank Buttimer (who else :rolleyes: ) said the accused had been on a disability allowance and was now in custody.

“He has certain medical difficulties of a psychiatric nature. (No sh*t Sherlock! What he did was depraved).

"I would ask that all necessary medical treatment be made available to Mr Magee in custody,” Mr Buttimer said.

Medical treatment is made available to all remanded in custody. Buttimer is just trying to peddle the "Ah shugawneyhelpus the accused has issues of his own and had a tough life so he had" routine. He beat an 87 year old inoffensive man to death in a hospital ward. That's about as low as one can go FFS!
The man was 89.
Not 87.

That has yet to be proved.

I was told earlier today that the guy in his 30s was signed in by his brother because he was having halucinations and believed he was going to be murdered. He was acting in an extremely paranoid manner in front of his own family. Story goes his brother signed him in to the Mercy hoping he'd be put in the psychiatric unit but said unit was full and he was told they'd be willing to take him on a public ward, to which the brother allegedly said "Don't leave him on his own" as he's in a manic state.

May all just be a story put about by Buttimer and/or may be the truth. Either way an 89 year old guy was beaten to death in a hospital ward 😞

I was told earlier today that the guy in his 30s was signed in by his brother because he was having halucinations and believed he was going to be murdered. He was acting in an extremely paranoid manner in front of his own family. Story goes his brother signed him in to the Mercy hoping he'd be put in the psychiatric unit but said unit was full and he was told they'd be willing to take him on a public ward, to which the brother allegedly said "Don't leave him on his own" as he's in a manic state.

May all just be a story put about by Buttimer and/or may be the truth. Either way an 89 year old guy was beaten to death in a hospital ward 😞
Puts a bad slant on people with MH issues who wouldn't hurt a fly. The Mercy is the biggest shithole I was ever in by far. CUH is much better.
There's no excusing him being around elderly if he was acting violent. To get in there he must have been assessed in St Michaels firstly and there's no way a psychiatrist wouldn't have spotted the danger.
My bet is they're fucked now and it wouldn't surprise me given the state of that team. Fucking cunts

Sound_ystories :sleep:
His brother is dead.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Sweet East (NC)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

1st May 2024 @ 6:00 pm
More info..

Jennifer Lyons

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼